Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to firm exeter, but one thing bothering me rn is the apparent lack of people from different ethnic backgrounds. supposing if i do get accepted in, will i, a black female, stick out like a sore thumb?

ReputationRep:
    *Hand up, pick me!*

I'm at Exeter and no you really won't ... its what I love about Exeter is the cultural diversity. I have friends literally from all over the world. Estonia, Iceland, China, Japan, the Congo, France, Gemany, Spain, Greece, Italy, Iran, Egypt, India and more. I even got a Christmas postcard from Estonia

ReputationRep:
    Someone has to lead the black revelation at Exeter, dudette. Be a one-man army, girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GooglyEyedMonster)
    *Hand up, pick me!*

I'm at Exeter and no you really won't ... its what I love about Exeter is the cultural diversity. I have friends literally from all over the world. Estonia, Iceland, China, Japan, the Congo, France, Gemany, Spain, Greece, Italy, Iran, Egypt, India and more. I even got a Christmas postcard from Estonia
    ok, that's reassuring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManIdk)
    ok, that's reassuring
    Just come and visit for the day and have a wonder round and you will see for yourself the diverse mix of people there is

Not quit sure why I got negged?

ReputationRep:
    OP, why do you like Exeter?

What made you decide to firm it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GooglyEyedMonster)
    Just come and visit for the day and have a wonder round and you will see for yourself the diverse mix of people there is

Not quit sure why I got negged?
    yeah, i'm planning to go on one of the visit days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Roxas)
    OP, why do you like Exeter?

What made you decide to firm it?
    it's really good for my course, and i've seen heaps of good reviews about the standard of teaching etc.

ReputationRep:
    it's really good for my course, and i've seen heaps of good reviews about the standard of teaching etc.
    Sounds reasonable answers for picking up Exeter.

What are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Roxas)
    Sounds reasonable answers for picking up Exeter.

What are your predicted grades?
    A*AB, but my offer is ABB

ReputationRep:
    I want to firm exeter, but one thing bothering me rn is the apparent lack of people from different ethnic backgrounds. supposing if i do get accepted in, will i, a black female, stick out like a sore thumb?
    There are tons of people from 'different' ethnic backgrounds but most of them are Chinese / East Asian. There are some black students, not tons and tons, but there aren't an enormous number of black people in this country in general, and if you aren't aware of that then you need to travel the country a bit more...

Bottom line is you should pick your uni based on the course, not the ethnic make-up of the students. And you can't be too fussy about which particular ethnic minority is most prevalent. But if you really want to go to a uni with lots of black students, there's always London Met.

Your choice. If your grades are up to it Exeter would be glad to have you. If not there's plenty of other black, white, or Asian people eager to take your place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.