The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd be up for it.
I'd love to lose some weight so it would be great motivation :biggrin:
Reply 21
I probably will enter because my housemate is leaving then and he makes me eat pudding all the time.....But I will be in pretty good shape anyway, I just want to lose about 2% bodyfat and the usual of improving legs and delts.

I haven't got a hope in hell of winning.
I'd be interested to follow but won't enter anything because I can't commit and don't have a tonne of fat to lose (ie it's gonna be slow rather than a dramatic difference in a couple of months).
I will like to do it this time however I'm a woman trying to gain weight and build muscle so I may end up looking fat afterwards :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I'd be up for doing it again, last one was good fun :smile:
Reply 25
I will join this as extra motivation for my rowing! The aims will be in terms of erg times and muscle gain since I am already quite thin, but it will be fun to compare anyway.

Aims: 75kg+ with lower body fat, coming from 65kg with around 5kg of losable fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am up for this, how would you know who wins though? :smile:
Original post by smileyChris1993

The moderators shortlist potential winners and then the sponsor selects the winner I think. All done really fairly :smile:
Original post by smileyChris1993

As above. We could potentially look at a poll, however personally I don't think it would work as it is too easily to spoil the vote
Could you explain it in a way to people who arnt already in the know?
Is it a physical transformation? If so, astheticly or healthwise? How is any of this proved for the competition?
Original post by commandant
As above. We could potentially look at a poll, however personally I don't think it would work as it is too easily to spoil the vote

I think letting the sponsors choose who wins is like a thank you for donating the prizes, so I'm fairly sure that would have to remain the same.

It's always done very fairly.. we have a look at every before/after photo and nominate a "shortlist" and then discuss any differences in our individual preferences.. and then eventually come up with a list to send to the sponsors. If fitness mods enter, obviously we won't win, it'd just be for the fun.
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Could you explain it in a way to people who arnt already in the know?
Is it a physical transformation? If so, astheticly or healthwise? How is any of this proved for the competition?

Hi :smile:.

It is a physical transformation. Most go for either losing weight or building muscle, and then are proved by a series of photos posted both before and after the contest, including one with a proof of date.

It's all aesthetics; there would be no way to prove health benefits unfortunately!
Reply 32
Im up for this. I doubt I have a lot of chance of winning as Ima triathlete and Ill not be making any massive muscle gains, but I like the idea of having motivation to do it so Ill post here.
I'm in

Planning on cutting and getting lean!!
Original post by Hegelian
Im up for this. I doubt I have a lot of chance of winning as Ima triathlete and Ill not be making any massive muscle gains, but I like the idea of having motivation to do it so Ill post here.

Awesome :smile:
*Bump* for interest

Do we want to start bang on Jan 1st or a few days later?
Reply 36
*Bump* for interest

Do we want to start bang on Jan 1st or a few days later?

A photo on Jan 1 would result in my progress photo going from passed-out drunk to sober :P though a good improvement I guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in, although I probably won't change that much body wise, fitness and strength wise though...
Original post by Hypocrism
A photo on Jan 1 would result in my progress photo going from passed-out drunk to sober :P though a good improvement I guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile

We will have a window of a week to upload photos, so your starting pictures can be uploaded anytime from 1st-7th :smile:
We will have a window of a week to upload photos, so your starting pictures can be uploaded anytime from 1st-7th :smile:

That sounds good to me I think, if it's any later you risk losing the spur of the moment resolution entrants.

Quick Reply

Latest