The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jysim123
Hi,

I applied to Churchill for NatSci(Physical) and I haven't heard from my college at all. I even tried calling them from Malaysia (twice), but no one picked up the phone. I think it's lunch time now...

I applied for NatSci (Physical) as well, but to St Catz. I requested an emailed letter on the 3rd - didn't get it. asked for another one today at around 8 am (GMT) - didn't get it. haven't received the post either. maybe they're just too busy and we should be patient for the post to arrive. i don't know, i'm tired. I'm from India, by the way.
Original post by meowcat95
It's just a massive form - it says something about "Following a conditional/firm offer of a place to study medicine at the University of Cambridge..."

I would guess that means that you got an offer then... but equally it could also be a mistake. Maybe ask any of the successful medics if they got it?
Reply 1042
Original post by shankar.leo
I applied for NatSci (Physical) as well, but to St Catz. I requested an emailed letter on the 3rd - didn't get it. asked for another one today at around 8 am (GMT) - didn't get it. haven't received the post either. maybe they're just too busy and we should be patient for the post to arrive. i don't know, i'm tired. I'm from India, by the way.

someone from churchill natsci (phys), international, got told that he would hear by the end of this week, as they are busy with winter pool stuff. good luck!
and i'm from india too :smile:
Original post by joyie
someone from churchill natsci (phys), international, got told that he would hear by the end of this week, as they are busy with winter pool stuff. good luck!
and i'm from india too :smile:

really? which city? were you there at Delhi for the interview?

I sure hope so. Can't wait much longer. Friends have got their decisions by email (one from Caius and one from Emma)
Anyone got an offer from Robinson? Or more specifically, Robinson Geography? Losing more hope with each passing minute, especially after knowing that colleges are already calling up people to offer them places.
Reply 1045
really? which city? were you there at Delhi for the interview?

I sure hope so. Can't wait much longer. Friends have got their decisions by email (one from Caius and one from Emma)

which city? i'm not sure.. my parents move around a lot and i go to boarding school in ooty :smile:
yeah i was there. who interviewed you?
Original post by ss06
I would guess that means that you got an offer then... but equally it could also be a mistake. Maybe ask any of the successful medics if they got it?

I know, it could be a complete mix up but hopefully not.. :/
Any body from caius with offers?

Esp for econs and internationals :biggrin:
Has anyone received a decision letter via email from St Catz ??

Nope. Still waiting. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joyie
which city? i'm not sure.. my parents move around a lot and i go to boarding school in ooty :smile:
yeah i was there. who interviewed you?

Dr Madabhushi, on 24 Sept. (10 am). were you there?
Original post by AlexandraSophia
Nope. Still waiting. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

sent another email at around 8 am (GMT). no reply yet.
Reply 1051
has anyone heard from St Catz yet? (email)

Nope, despite sending an e-mail to them opting for notification via e-mail last Friday.
sent another email at around 8 am (GMT). no reply yet.

I called up Catz's admissions officer and she said she'll send out copies of our decision letters to everyone who requested for it. She said it'll be done by today. But this is only for Catz btw.

Is it really true that if we don't hear from our colleges by today, it means we have been rejected? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called up Catz's admissions officer and she said she'll send out copies of our decision letters to everyone who requested for it. She said it'll be done by today. But this is only for Catz btw.

Is it really true that if we don't hear from our colleges by today, it means we have been rejected? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's a bull theory. I'm completely sure a university like Cambridge wouldn't discriminate between successful and unsuccessful applicants. Besides, there seems to be no such pattern. A friend of mine got rejected from Caius on the 3rd while so many haven't yet heard from them (some even in London). Another friend of mine got in at approx. the same time.

btw, when did you call them up?! THANKS A TON !! so that means we should be receiving our decisions via email today right?
Reply 1054
I called up Catz's admissions officer and she said she'll send out copies of our decision letters to everyone who requested for it. She said it'll be done by today. But this is only for Catz btw. Is it really true that if we don't hear from our colleges by today, it means we have been rejected? :s-smilie:Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Alexandra we are both in exactly the same spot: applicant to St Catz to study law, from Asia (I'm from Singapore) and without a decision letter.I just drank some alcohol so that I can sleep early tonight, and therefore spare myself from this torture.
Original post by faithopejoy
Anyone got an offer from Robinson? Or more specifically, Robinson Geography? Losing more hope with each passing minute, especially after knowing that colleges are already calling up people to offer them places.

I suggest you send an email to Robinson college because I did and I got a reply(offer). ^^
Reply 1056
Dr Madabhushi, on 24 Sept. (10 am). were you there?

yeah, i think so! were you the guy from bangalore or calcutta or the one in the suit?
I think that's a bull theory. I'm completely sure a university like Cambridge wouldn't discriminate between successful and unsuccessful applicants. Besides, there seems to be no such pattern. A friend of mine got rejected from Caius on the 3rd while so many haven't yet heard from them (some even in London). Another friend of mine got in at approx. the same time.

btw, when did you call them up?! THANKS A TON !! so that means we should be receiving our decisions via email today right?

sorry to interrupt, but i do think they perhaps discriminate between successful and unsuccessful applicants. I emailed Lucy Cavendish on 4th, then received an auto-reply saying "Lucy Cavendish offer candidates with an address outside of the UK or EU will receive a copy of their offer letter and enclosures by email on Monday, 7th January.":s-smilie:
Original post by the bassist
sorry to interrupt, but i do think they perhaps discriminate between successful and unsuccessful applicants. I emailed Lucy Cavendish on 4th, then received an auto-reply saying "Lucy Cavendish offer candidates with an address outside of the UK or EU will receive a copy of their offer letter and enclosures by email on Monday, 7th January.":s-smilie:

Oh God, if its true then its sick....Well, i sure hope its a college-specific practice not common to all colleges. I was told I'd get an email on the 4th, but i think there was some delay.
Original post by joyie
yeah, i think so! were you the guy from bangalore or calcutta or the one in the suit?

nope. I was the only guy without a tie, the one sitting opposite to you. i remember now, you said you liked chemistry or biology or something, didn't you? I remember the guys from Bangalore and Calcutta as well.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending