The Student Room Group

When will I get offers/replies?

Hello guys :smile:

I submitted my application to UCAS three days ago (on Sunday) and applied to Glasgow uni, Aberdeen uni, Bristol uni, King's College London and Royal Holloway.
I wondered, how many weeks will it take approximately to get replies/offers? Bristol said it could take 8 weeks whilst RHUL said 4 only and I haven't got any information about the wait concerning the other unis. I'm French and our admissions procedure (the equivalent of the UCAS) starts in 4 days and the deadline is mid-March. I would like to get replies before possibly applying to any university in France...

Have you applied to any of these universities? Do you know when I may get replies?
Thanks! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

There's no way to possibly tell. Last year, I got a reply 4 or 5 days after I applied, for another uni it took months. Like, nearly half a year. This year I applied to one of the same uni's again and they're not as quick to respond this year. It's all a waiting game.
Reply 2
Hi ! I am also French hehe. Don't worry to much about that. Last year a friend received his offer from King's college before apb's first round. But you have to apply on Apb, just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by HeroManagement
Hello guys :smile:

I submitted my application to UCAS three days ago (on Sunday) and applied to Glasgow uni, Aberdeen uni, Bristol uni, King's College London and Royal Holloway.
I wondered, how many weeks will it take approximately to get replies/offers? Bristol said it could take 8 weeks whilst RHUL said 4 only and I haven't got any information about the wait concerning the other unis. I'm French and our admissions procedure (the equivalent of the UCAS) starts in 4 days and the deadline is mid-March. I would like to get replies before possibly apply to any university in France...

Have you applied to any of these universities? Do you know when I may get replies?
Thanks! :smile:

Which subject are you applying for? :smile:
It all depends.

I sent mine off in mid-late december,

I recieved an offer less than 2 weeks after applying if you exclude the two weeks around christmas.

I still havent heard back from my other four choices.

Maybe you should have applied earlier to ensure you heard back from them all before mid march.
Reply 5
Okay thank you, I guess I'll just have to wait and see then :smile:

Original post by KAB1010101
Which subject are you applying for? :smile:

Film & Television at Glasgow & Aberdeen, Drama and English at Bristol, Film with English at King's and same for Royal. I'm not sure but I think they are some quite competitive subjects :s-smilie:

Original post by Clare~Bear
Maybe you should have applied earlier to ensure you heard back from them all before mid march.

I knoooooooow!! :/ And I actually wanted to apply before January but I only got the results of my IELTS on December 14 and then because of the holidays and stuff I only got my reference on Sunday :'( I really would have done it before otherwise...

Original post by pc360
But you have to apply on Apb, just in case.

I really don't see myself stay over here... If I get offers and if I know their conditions are perfectly realistic, do you think it is still worth "wasting" my time? :s

Original post by EliseTheBees
There's no way to possibly tell. Last year, I got a reply 4 or 5 days after I applied, for another uni it took months.

Indeed it's very hazardous... When had you sent your application?
Anyway, thank you, I guess I just have to wait and see then :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6

Film & Television at Glasgow & Aberdeen, Drama and English at Bristol, Film with English at King's and same for Royal. I'm not sure but I think they are some quite competitive subjects :s-smilie:

Well i applied to Bristol at the beginning of November and still haven't heard, you have only been waiting 3 days so i really wouldn't worry! Several departments at Bristol have decided to wait until yesterdays before giving out offers, and i believe the english dept is one of those.

I've been waiting 2.5 months now...3 days is nothing :P
Reply 7
Well i applied to Bristol at the beginning of November and still haven't heard, you have only been waiting 3 days so i really wouldn't worry! Several departments at Bristol have decided to wait until yesterdays before giving out offers, and i believe the english dept is one of those.

Oh okay :smile:

I don't worry too much about the waiting but more about the fact that some departments may be already full... I don't really know if that's possible but I haven't found any statistics about the number of applications to Glasgow in film and the number of offers... (Glasgow would probably be my firm choice if I got an offer) I really should have applied before but as I said I couldn't. For which subject have you applied?
Reply 8
Oh okay :smile:

I don't worry too much about the waiting but more about the fact that some departments may be already full... I don't really know if that's possible but I haven't found any statistics about the number of applications to Glasgow in film and the number of offers... (Glasgow would probably be my firm choice if I got an offer) I really should have applied before but as I said I couldn't. For which subject have you applied?

They are unlikely to be full, that is the point of the deadline, so there can be some equal consideration between candidates. They may have given out some offers to oxbridge candidates but will most likely have places left to allocate after yesterdays deadline :smile:

Geography...the wait for responses is killing me! Only heard from 2 of the 4 i applied to...
Reply 9
They are unlikely to be full, that is the point of the deadline, so there can be some equal consideration between candidates. They may have given out some offers to oxbridge candidates but will most likely have places left to allocate after yesterdays deadline :smile:

Okay so I guess I really don't have any reason to worry too much... I'm still very nervous but I suppose everyone feels the same haha

Geography...the wait for responses is killing me! Only heard from 2 of the 4 i applied to...

And what were the replies? You got offers? And what would be your first choice?
Reply 10
And what were the replies? You got offers? And what would be your first choice?

yeeep everyone worries! (this is my second experience of UCAS, applied last year too!) offers from Exeter and Birmingham, nothing yet from Bristol or LSE, Bristol being my first choice :smile:
offers from Exeter and Birmingham, nothing yet from Bristol or LSE, Bristol being my first choice :smile:

Good :smile: At least you know that at worst you've got a place somewhere, that's already a good point... Bristol looks like a beautiful city and the uni really seems great, no wonder why it's your first choice :smile: For a year now I've wanted to go to Glasgow but I'm starting to doubt. I know it's too early to talk about that since I'm not even sure to get offers but still, I can't help thinking of it! Glasgow would be considerably less expansive for me (no tuition fees...) but everything looks better in Bristol :'(
Reply 12
Good :smile: At least you know that at worst you've got a place somewhere, that's already a good point... Bristol looks like a beautiful city and the uni really seems great, no wonder why it's your first choice :smile: For a year now I've wanted to go to Glasgow but I'm starting to doubt. I know it's too early to talk about that since I'm not even sure to get offers but still, I can't help thinking of it! Glasgow would be considerably less expansive for me (no tuition fees...) but everything looks better in Bristol :'(

Yes true, but it's my first choice by a long way, so i'm really hoping to get it! It is an amazing city, and a really good university :smile:

Ah so you're scottish? Bristol is a long way south to come, compared with Glasgow then? :P

Ah so you're scottish? Bristol is a long way south to come, compared with Glasgow then? :P

No I'm French x) But as a EU student I won't have to pay either (if they don't change their policy by then). Bristol is actually closer than Glasgow for me haha :smile:
Reply 14
No I'm French x) But as a EU student I won't have to pay either (if they don't change their policy by then). Bristol is actually closer than Glasgow for me haha :smile:

Oh sorry! I read that as if you were scottish so you could go to scottish uni for free :P oh wow, is english your first or second language? Yes much closer haha

Indeed it's very hazardous... When had you sent your application?
Anyway, thank you, I guess I just have to wait and see then :smile:

Well, looking back on the emails I received, Portsmouth had emailed me saying they'd received my on the 19th of December 2011 and I had received an offer on the 23rd. For my other offers I got by February excluding one, which I can't even remember what it was for. I knew where I wanted to go, I wanted to choose my firm and insurance and that university wasn't either, I wasn't bothered about it so I ended up cancelling my choice for it in order to choose my firm and insurance.
You never known, how slow or fast it will take. I applied beginning of November and had heard back from all of them before Christmas. I only got one offer out of five. But am happy with that offer so I firmed it yesterday and as it's unconditional. I will be at that uni in September,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh sorry! I read that as if you were scottish so you could go to scottish uni for free :P oh wow, is english your first or second language?

Second language :smile: That's why I had to take an IELTS exam in December :smile: I needed at least 6.5/9 overall and got 8 :happy2:

Original post by EliseTheBees
Well, looking back on the emails I received, Portsmouth had emailed me saying they'd received my on the 19th of December 2011 and I had received an offer on the 23rd. For my other offers I got by February

Well February would be perfect for me :smile: universities really don't all work the same way haha

Original post by lozzielizzie
You never known, how slow or fast it will take. I applied beginning of November and had heard back from all of them before Christmas. I only got one offer out of five. But am happy with that offer so I firmed it yesterday and as it's unconditional. I will be at that uni in September,

Well, congratulations then :biggrin:

I received another email from the university of Bristol today, asking me to fill in a questionnaire about my disability disclosure... But I don't know if they're waiting for me to send them back that questionnaire to make me an offer - or reject me - or if it's a kind of parallel process...
Reply 18
Second language :smile: That's why I had to take an IELTS exam in December :smile: I needed at least 6.5/9 overall and got 8 :happy2:

Wow your english is soooo good i would never have guessed! well i hope you get your dream offer from glasgow :smile: if not bristol is pretty amazing toooo!
Wow your english is soooo good i would never have guessed! well i hope you get your dream offer from glasgow :smile: if not bristol is pretty amazing toooo!

Thank you :smile: Bristol looks better but I think Glasgow's great too. The "problem" is that opinions are very divided about that uni. Some say it's ****, others think it's awesome and very prestigious and has loads of very good lecturers etc. There's nothing in between...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending