The Student Room Group

What can I replace smoking, drinking, fastfood and jerking off with?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A life
You could do exercise in place of these?
Reply 22
Original post by Charcharx
How is 'jerking off' bad for you?

Take it from me, you can strain yourself down there.
Original post by joe1545
Have a bit of YOLO in your life!

Well You Obviously Lack Originality.
Reply 24
a job helps
Reply 25
Original post by Mr Bee
Well You Obviously Lack Originality.

To avoid any confusion i believe it is
You
Only
Live
Once

Having a bit of you obviously lack originality in your life may encourage him to carry on fapping and smoking, we dont want that.
Reply 26
Fapping too much = tiredness, and sore hands.
Sore hands = you cant write properly
not writing properly = you cant excel at school
not exceling at school = you get bad grades
getting bad grades = you cant go to a good university, and get other girls (or boys) to do th fapping for you
= you also end up with a crappy job
crappy job = to no money
no money = sad
sad = illness
illness = death

motto kids, dont fap
Reply 27
Original post by Annuhlees
Maybe you could set yourself a goal of running the London marathon next year or entering a boxing competition? You can make friends along the way and even get a girlfriend (No need to jerk off:wink:.

Don't be too harsh on yourself.

I hope i've helped, good luck :smile:

I did an amateur boxing competition and i didn't get a girlfriend a long the way! :frown:
Original post by joe1545
To avoid any confusion i believe it is
You
Only
Live
Once

Having a bit of you obviously lack originality in your life may encourage him to carry on fapping and smoking, we dont want that.

So 'it' is set in stone is it? So was the Mayan ****ING calendar!
Original post by joe1545
Have a bit of YOLO in your life!

Every time somebody says YOLO I feel like I don't want to exist on this planet anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Heroin.
Reply 31
Original post by jblackmoustache
Every time somebody says YOLO I feel like I don't want to exist on this planet anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, but then i think to my self YOLO
Reply 32
Original post by Mr Bee
So 'it' is set in stone is it? So was the Mayan ****ING calendar!

I dont know what yolo has to do with the mayan calander
Original post by joe1545

Reminding him that he only lives once is probably worse.

Hell, if someone informed me that I only have one chance at life I'd be fapping all day.
Reply 34
Original post by joe1545
Fapping too much = tiredness, and sore hands.
Sore hands = you cant write properly
not writing properly = you cant excel at school
not exceling at school = you get bad grades
getting bad grades = you cant go to a good university, and get other girls (or boys) to do th fapping for you
= you also end up with a crappy job
crappy job = to no money
no money = sad
sad = illness
illness = death

motto kids, dont fap

Given death is inevitable anyway, that pretty much quashes your argument, boy.
Smoking => Cut down. I used to smoke around 10 a day. I said to myself I will only allow 5 a day, then 4, then 3 etc. Then I was allowed 1 cig every 3 days, and it got to a point where I started forgetting about it, and almost forcing myself to have one. It sounds like it took a long time, but maybe 3 months?

Drinking ==> Personally, I don't see why you should completely replace it. But start drinking less. Say you're going out, only drink until midnight and then energy drinks or just anything else to keep yourself up and ready for the whole night. If you're on your own drinking, then why? It's just extra money, and maybe some Ribena would be just as nice.

Fast food ==> why do you buy it? Easy and quick? Ok, so now you've eaten it. How do you feel? Would you feel the same as if you'd just had a healthy meal (for a quarter of the price)? Probably. Treat yourself to a fast food meal every now and then, but then do some exercise as well.

Jerking off==> why on earth do you want to replace that? But your options are: a) get a girlfriend/sex buddy or b) cut down, so you only jerk off once a week (and think about how amazing that time will be, to stop yourself from doing it all the time)
Original post by AK12W
They're bad for me, not because yet another study in the papers told me so, but rather, because physically and especially mentally I can feel their detrimental effects which are slowly but surely taking their toll on me.

I need to replace these destructive aspects of my lifestyle with something healthful, something which will give me a sense of empowerment and nourish my mind and body rather than slowly sucking the life out of me, making me feel worse for wear everyday of the week.

How about stamp collecting?
Reply 37
Original post by spiral87
Given death is inevitable anyway, that pretty much quashes your argument, boy.

There was never an argument to begin with, and yes death is innevetable but no one aspires to die, it's in our nature to aspire to be the best we can, and fapping a lot isn't what we perceive to be at our best..

Also I don't see what you gain from calling me a boy, yes technically I am a boy, but I'm guessing its how you try to posess some sort of dominance to make your self look superior, but lets be honest a man who attempts to posess dominance over a minor.. Kinda self explanatory!
Reply 38
Original post by K the Failure
Reminding him that he only lives once is probably worse.

Hell, if someone informed me that I only have one chance at life I'd be fapping all day.

I think I would go for the prostitute option but that's just me I guess
Reply 39
Original post by AK12W
I suppose not everyone reacts to it the same way - but when I don't jerk off I basically feel more "charged" and have more physical vigor, am generally more optimistic and appreciate being around women. I also find I'm in a mindset to use that eenrgy productively.

When i'm drained, I get an "empty" feeling, lose that energy and motivation which just leads me on a downwards spiral of procrastination and lethargy.

I'v never tried to break down the reasoning before but I guess it just doesn't seem like a very natural and positive habit to me and definitely has negative repercussions for me, at least mentally and socially.

But sex would just have the same result. :confused:

There nothing unnatural about masturbating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending