The Student Room Group
Reply 1
*boo*
i'm calculating spearman's rho for the matching hypothesis study.
how are the results meant to be set out in the coursework?
what is qualitative, descriptive and inferential data?

I set out my results through steps. But I did this for Chi Squared Test.

Qualitative Data - information in non-numerical form that may be more time-consuming to analyse, but more descriptive on an individual basis.

Descriptive Data - techniques used to descrive or characterise data that has been obtained.

Inferential Data - The tests used to analyse the data that enable us to draw conclusions about the population from which the sample is drawn - such as the Spearman's Rho you mentioned.

Feel free to give me some rep :smile:
Reply 2
James_W
I set out my results through steps. But I did this for Chi Squared Test.

Qualitative Data - information in non-numerical form that may be more time-consuming to analyse, but more descriptive on an individual basis.

Descriptive Data - techniques used to descrive or characterise data that has been obtained.

Inferential Data - The tests used to analyse the data that enable us to draw conclusions about the population from which the sample is drawn - such as the Spearman's Rho you mentioned.

Feel free to give me some rep :smile:

what mark did you get for your coursework?

so how do i include qualitative, descriptive and inferential data into my results?

i don't actually know what i'm doing...

confused about the whole thing...
Reply 3
what mark did you get for your coursework?

Well, it hasn't been moderated yet - but teacher (who is also an AQA coursework moderator) only dropped 2 marks, which is because the design idea wasn't mine.

so how do i include qualitative, descriptive and inferential data into my results?

Qualitative data - conduct open questionairres, interviews and get detail.

Descriptive data - look for trends in data, and make general observations about it.

Inferential data - conduct the Spearmans Rho test, and analyse accordingly.

What exam board are you on?
Reply 4
AQA

I think I'm going to draw a scattergram and include a summary table for the results. Then include the raw data in my appendices.

What is the calculated and critical value?
Reply 6
I'm not sure how to fill in the summary table for inferential results.
I've worked out the significance level and tail of hypothesis but don't know how to find the observed or critical values.
Anyone know?? Or have a useful website address?

Latest

Trending

Trending