The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Paramedic science @ hertfordshire university

Hi all, got my offer for the bsc through today and would like to meet some people before we start. Thought it might be helpful to share advice on accommodation etc...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Andrew2013
Hi all, got my offer for the bsc through today and would like to meet some people before we start. Thought it might be helpful to share advice on accommodation etc...

I would strongly advise you to have a look around facebook and stuff! I think there are some groups out there :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew2013

Hiya, also got my offer from Herts a few weeks ago for the bsc! :smile: is yours unconditional?
Reply 3
I have an unconditional offer, do you know if there is a group going on fb?
Reply 4
hey, I've just got in here aswell :smile: think it would be great to chat to you guys before the course starts!
Hey, I have an unconditional offer too for the BSC :biggrin: would love to get to know some people before we start! is there anything on facebook at all did anyone find out? :smile:
Reply 6
Hey! :smile: Ok so im gonna look like the odd one out here because Im guessing by the looks of it, everyone on this thread has recieved an Unconditional offer? :L well i've got an offer, but its conditional :smile: It was my first option and the only offer I got so pretty happy about that! Just finished my last exam though!! :biggrin: bring on summer!
Reply 7
Original post by Lagukage4
Hey! :smile: Ok so im gonna look like the odd one out here because Im guessing by the looks of it, everyone on this thread has recieved an Unconditional offer? :L well i've got an offer, but its conditional :smile: It was my first option and the only offer I got so pretty happy about that! Just finished my last exam though!! :biggrin: bring on summer!

Same as me. I had my last exam today, so my offer is conditional too. Herts was also my first choice and was the only offer I got, so I'm pretty chuffed. Just nervous about results now as I have no insurance! There is a facebook group with loads of us on it, so you could send a request to join if you're not already on it :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by KC003
Same as me. I had my last exam today, so my offer is conditional too. Herts was also my first choice and was the only offer I got, so I'm pretty chuffed. Just nervous about results now as I have no insurance! There is a facebook group with loads of us on it, so you could send a request to join if you're not already on it :smile:

Ah phew! nice to know Im not the only one! :smile: to almost guarantee my A, I had to get almost 100% in the exam today so there wasnt exactly much pressure...!! :/ think ive maybe got the 90%+ but will have to see! Maths ruined me though! Praying for August 15th to be a good day!! :smile:
When was your interview?? It was really weird for mine because i was in the afternoon group of the last ever day of interviews for 2013! (mid April) Didnt think i stood a chance if offers had already been given out, considering there are so little spaces available :smile: but I had just left the campus, and before we started to drive back, id recieved the offer by email! thought it was a hoax at first but apparently not! :biggrin: One guy at the interview had come over from Belgium and another from somewhere near Portugal i think! he had to leave early to catch the last flight! amazing commitment really :smile:
I'll have a look at that fb group though, thanks :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lagukage4
Ah phew! nice to know Im not the only one! :smile: to almost guarantee my A, I had to get almost 100% in the exam today so there wasnt exactly much pressure...!! :/ think ive maybe got the 90%+ but will have to see! Maths ruined me though! Praying for August 15th to be a good day!! :smile:
When was your interview?? It was really weird for mine because i was in the afternoon group of the last ever day of interviews for 2013! (mid April) Didnt think i stood a chance if offers had already been given out, considering there are so little spaces available :smile: but I had just left the campus, and before we started to drive back, id recieved the offer by email! thought it was a hoax at first but apparently not! :biggrin: One guy at the interview had come over from Belgium and another from somewhere near Portugal i think! he had to leave early to catch the last flight! amazing commitment really :smile:
I'll have a look at that fb group though, thanks :smile:

I had my interview at the end of January, and my offer had come through by the time I got home. I must have re-opened the email a good 15 times before I told anyone, just to check it wasn't a hoax! Wow, that is dedication. I only live 45 minutes away! By the sounds of it you're going to be on the BSc, whereas I'm on the FdSc. There's a mix of the two on the group. The fb group is called University of Hertfordshire - Paramedic Science 2013 Cohort. Were you doing the edexcel paper? Because I've heard a number of C3 horror stories from this year!
Reply 10
Original post by KC003
I had my interview at the end of January, and my offer had come through by the time I got home. I must have re-opened the email a good 15 times before I told anyone, just to check it wasn't a hoax! Wow, that is dedication. I only live 45 minutes away! By the sounds of it you're going to be on the BSc, whereas I'm on the FdSc. There's a mix of the two on the group. The fb group is called University of Hertfordshire - Paramedic Science 2013 Cohort. Were you doing the edexcel paper? Because I've heard a number of C3 horror stories from this year!

Hahaha! reading that is exactly how i remember it! :P had to wait for it to appear on UCAS before i could accept it though! :smile: Ah nice, not too far away then :smile: im about 4 and a half hours away (300 miles) :smile: Yeah i'll be doing the BSc :smile: Ive sent a request to join so will check up on it sometime soon :smile: it'll be good to find some ground with people before actually getting up there :smile: Umm nope i did OCR (MEI) :smile: C4 was actually the worst exam ive ever done! and well C3... i just messed it up for myself because the exam wasnt the worst it could have been :/ Needed C and D from C3 and C4, but honestly dont think ive even achieved that!
Reply 11
Well if the exams were pretty hard, which I've heard they were, at least the grade boundaries will be reasonably low, so you probably still stand a chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys joined the fb group yet? Lots of info in there :smile: search university of Hertfordshire paramedic science
Reply 13
Yeah, been on there for a few months :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
hi, can anybody tell me what the interview is like. im not sure how to dress or what to take, i have been told it is 5 hours, is this true??
Reply 15
Original post by charcsx
hi, can anybody tell me what the interview is like. im not sure how to dress or what to take, i have been told it is 5 hours, is this true??

When we had ours for this years course, I went in and got taken to a room with everyone else, we were then taken in groups to be individually interviewed by one LAS paramedic lecturer and an academic lecturer. I was asked two questions which lasted about 5 mins, left, had a short tour of campus then left. The whole process took no longer than 2 and a half hours i suppose. However, this is from my experience and they may well have changed their approach for this years candidates.

Dress code is your preference.. I went smart casual, most others in full suits etc. Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 16
hello i have my interview beginning of january 2014 for bsc paramedic science, do you have to do a maths and english test or not ?
Reply 17
Hi
I had my interview on 17th Dec.
They just did a presentation to our whole group and then we were interviewed individually for about 15 mins. No fitness, maths or english test :smile:
Good luck with your interview!
Reply 18
ah okay ! thank you
what kind of questions did they ask you ? they said to me they only ask two questions
Reply 19
Hello everyone, I also have an unconditional offer from Hertfordshire on the paramedic science BSc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending