The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Primary Education!

So I received my conditional offer i have been dying to get last month and I will be firming it after I hear back from my last one i applied to :smile: Im just wondering who else will be firming the primary education course at Glasgow University? what are your conditions or did you get an unconditional?

:smile:
Reply 1
I firmed Glasgow!! I have an unconditional :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by fm95
I firmed Glasgow!! I have an unconditional :smile:

yaay! well done! i just thought id make this thread so i could get to know the people who will be going a little bit before i went so it isnt as daunting :smile: so, whats your name and where are you from :smile:?
Reply 3
Original post by xhannahdoherty
yaay! well done! i just thought id make this thread so i could get to know the people who will be going a little bit before i went so it isnt as daunting :smile: so, whats your name and where are you from :smile:?

yeah it's a good idea!! I've been struggling to find people on here doing the same course! I'm Fiona and I'm from Inverness, what about you? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by fm95
yeah it's a good idea!! I've been struggling to find people on here doing the same course! I'm Fiona and I'm from Inverness, what about you? :smile:

me too!, im hannah and im actually from Glasgow, so if you have any worries about here then i can always help you out :smile:
Reply 5
me too!, im hannah and im actually from Glasgow, so if you have any worries about here then i can always help you out :smile:

ooh, so are you staying at home or going into halls? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by fm95
ooh, so are you staying at home or going into halls? :smile:

Staying at home! im only a bus away, i guess you're going to halls? :biggrin:
What experience did you get before applying because I really want to do a primary education course but I'm not sure what or how much experience I will need how did you approach school did you just like email them and turn up sort of thing
Reply 8
Staying at home! im only a bus away, i guess you're going to halls? :biggrin:

Yeah I am:smile: just waiting to hear back!! So excited :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Victoriapownall
What experience did you get before applying because I really want to do a primary education course but I'm not sure what or how much experience I will need how did you approach school did you just like email them and turn up sort of thing

I did a week of work experience in a primary school when I was 14, and now I help out twice a week, I asked my own school about helping in a primary school and they got in touch with a local school :smile:
Original post by fm95
I did a week of work experience in a primary school when I was 14, and now I help out twice a week, I asked my own school about helping in a primary school and they got in touch with a local school :smile:

oh your lucky then cause are school doesn't do work experience till year 11 i wish I could have done experience a year ago!
Original post by Victoriapownall

Work experience hmm, i did a week in primary school for my actual work experience that the school makes us do. In my final year (this year) at the beginning i went every wednesday morning to a local primary school to teach them hymns. I run a first year club lunchtime of every day to help them settle in and enjoy their first year at secondary. Thats about as much experience i did working with children, but volunteering at award ceremonies, tidying up, setting up etc. Helping sell poppies and just in general volunteering to do stuff like that in school is great things to put into a personal statement! I trained alter girls/boys out of school and babysitted aswell. Anything like that is experience and should go into your personal statement! most of this was done in my last year of school so if you can take a free(study) period and do as much as you can :smile: it helps trust me!

Good luck! and you can ask for experience through your school, they will contact the primary school :smile: (or at least they should!) You actually dont need much experience but if you keep volunteering, and doing as much as you can then you should definitely get into university :smile:
Original post by fm95
Yeah I am:smile: just waiting to hear back!! So excited :biggrin:

Im excited to meeting you there :smile:
Firmed my unconditional and applied for accommodation in Murano street :biggrin: anyone going to the applicants day on Tuesday?
Reply 14
Original post by Brodieh88
Firmed my unconditional and applied for accommodation in Murano street :biggrin: anyone going to the applicants day on Tuesday?

oooh exciting! I've applied for QM halls but Murano is my second choice! I'm not going to the applicants day :frown:
Original post by fm95
oooh exciting! I've applied for QM halls but Murano is my second choice! I'm not going to the applicants day :frown:

I wanted those halls but theyre soooo expensive! Was it a 4-5 person in murano? Ive heard the largest ones are really noisy :/
Reply 16
Original post by Brodieh88
I wanted those halls but theyre soooo expensive! Was it a 4-5 person in murano? Ive heard the largest ones are really noisy :/

They are crazily expensive! I'm going to be so poor! yeah 4-5 person :smile: the large ones are my fifth choice so hoping I don't get put there!
End of the school year, and nearing the end of exams. How is everyone feeling about university and starting a new chapter in your life?

Anyone not from Glasgow city can ask me questions :smile: I stay in the north-east of Glasgow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending