The Student Room Group

The 'I Hate Whiley' Society

Scroll to see replies

hehe, Jo Whiley, i really did used to like her show (i think that was because i only ever listened to it in very small doses on odd occassions) whereas now during exam/revision period, i do switch on the radio a little more, her show is on for 3 ****in hours!!?? :frown:

even if she is from Northampton and is quite attractive (quite a rare thing i can tell you) she has been getting my goat quite a lot recently.

Her live lounge thing is quite good, where they get artists to cover different artists they probably never would do anywhere else.

but oh my god, her 'changing tracks' thing is so so ****...it's always the same thing, 'i met this guy/girl, X number of years ago, i loved them from the start didn't have the courage to tell them, then i heard such and such a song and i plucked up the courage to tell them...we're now happily married with 2 kids and a cat called cuboid face.
then when she plays the song...it is always something totally ****e and you think, how the **** did that song make you do that?!?
What's Chico Time Precious?
hehe, Jo Whiley, i really did used to like her show (i think that was because i only ever listened to it in very small doses on odd occassions) whereas now during exam/revision period, i do switch on the radio a little more, her show is on for 3 ****in hours!!?? :frown:

even if she is from Northampton and is quite attractive (quite a rare thing i can tell you) she has been getting my goat quite a lot recently.

Her live lounge thing is quite good, where they get artists to cover different artists they probably never would do anywhere else.

but oh my god, her 'changing tracks' thing is so so ****...it's always the same thing, 'i met this guy/girl, X number of years ago, i loved them from the start didn't have the courage to tell them, then i heard such and such a song and i plucked up the courage to tell them...we're now happily married with 2 kids and a cat called cuboid face.
then when she plays the song...it is always something totally ****e and you think, how the **** did that song make you do that?!?

You're on the list :smile:

even if she is from Northampton and is quite attractive (quite a rare thing i can tell you)

lol, what is it about towns and how attractive the women are??
Reply 23

oh, good point that is one of the worst features I think I've ever heard, it's up there with dj spooney's "mills and spoons" which is basically the same thing on a sunday morning, that's the best alarm clock ever, gets you right out of bed to turn that crap right off.

I often wonder if I made up a crazy story I could get any song I wanted played on the radio, which leads me to believe that none of the stories are real anyway.
sweet jesus, please let me join. i have a loathing for that woman only exceeded by my loathing for vernon kay and june sarpong...a while back (i guess about 2000ish) she claimed to have been into the flaming lips since the start - they formed in 1983. Grr. I hate that bint
zertrudetrout
sweet jesus, please let me join. i have a loathing for that woman only exceeded by my loathing for vernon kay and june sarpong...a while back (i guess about 2000ish) she claimed to have been into the flaming lips since the start - they formed in 1983. Grr. I hate that bint

Sir, I salute you.

:teeth:
What action are we going to take though?

Napalm + BBC Radio 1 headquarters = win
Reply 27
This is absolutely fantastic. I don't keep my Jo Whiley hatred a secret. This society is 100% necessary.

One thing you failed to mention in your original list: the fact that she lies to us. Constantly. Pretending she's in the know when she constantly gets the details wrong. Two of the worst things she's ever said:

- Riot On An Empty Street was Kings Of Convenience's first album
- Gnarls Barkley is one man (called Gnarls Barkley) rather than a collaboration between Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo

She's said many more ridiculous things but those two stick out in my mind. What an idiot.
Reply 28
zertrudetrout

aww, vernon kay is a genius.

Just wondering, why can't she have been into flaming lips since they formed? she's got to be about 40, putting her at about 20 when they formed, and given that she does have at least some knowledge of music, and, as far as I'm aware has always worked in some kind of music/media type job, I think it's highly likely she's been 'into' the flaming lips since they formed.

I don't particularly like her, but for a daytime dj I think she does have a good knowledge of music
n u c l e a r b d h
This is absolutely fantastic. I don't keep my Jo Whiley hatred a secret. This society is 100% necessary.

One thing you failed to mention in your original list: the fact that she lies to us. Constantly. Pretending she's in the know when she constantly gets the details wrong. Two of the worst things she's ever said:

- Riot On An Empty Street was Kings Of Convenience's first album
- Gnarls Barkley is one man (called Gnarls Barkley) rather than a collaboration between Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo

She's said many more ridiculous things but those two stick out in my mind. What an idiot.

Ooooo get you. *Handbags*
Reply 30
jeff's_dead
Yeah I agree, I said the same thing a couple of days ago about Primal Scream being on the New Music stage, along with Bloc Party. They are hardly new...

I'll take your rant as a request to join :biggrin:

Ok. But just to let you know she is my 3rd least favourite Radio 1 DJ, being slightly above Edith Bowman and that arrogant idiot Chris Moyles. Zane Lowe is also annoying, but given that he is fit, I'll let him off :wink:
Reply 31
naivesincerity
Ooooo get you. *Handbags*

I really can't stand the woman. :p: I wouldn't mind all of her mistakes if she wasn't so arrogant.
Chicken
being slightly above Edith Bowman

I quite fancy her
I'm pretty sure she said Takk was the first goddam victory rose album and all.

Might have been Zane Lowe infact. He was SOOOO annoying when The Prodigy did a live session for Radio 1. After every song he was like "ohmygodzzzz this is liek the best day of my life...evar". When truthfully the best day of his life was when he surfed the waves of his own ineptitude right up into his own arse.

He has remained there ever since.
n u c l e a r b d h
I really can't stand the woman. :p: I wouldn't mind all of her mistakes if she wasn't so arrogant.

I don't find her arrogant, she is quite annoying, but not someone I feeel strongly enough about to really detest
Reply 35
the victory james
I'm pretty sure she said Takk was the first goddam victory rose album and all.

Might have been Zane Lowe infact.

Either way... I'd like to know how they got jobs as radio DJs. It helps if you know a little about the music you're playing.
Yeah the ignorance is jaw-dropping at times. I think it partly comes from this 2000s/NME attitude where music is only worthwhile if it is new..

I'm gonna campaign for James George from Shipwrecked to get onto Radio 1.
Reply 37
naivesincerity
I quite fancy her

She's going out with the singer from Editors...hard luck :p:
the victory james
Yeah the ignorance is jaw-dropping at times.

Not really. not as easy as it looks. Until you're in thesituation where you've got all that info and **** to deal with, you're under pressure in the R1 studio, etc etc, it's hard to imagine what it's like. There not gonna remember every obscure detail about every obscure act faultlessly with no errors are they?
Reply 39
Hmmm. I always wanted her to get with Colin.

Quick Reply

Latest