The Student Room Group

Do I have to go to my insurance choice?

If I fail to meet my firm offer but do meet the insurance, would I be compelled to accept my insurance choice? Thanks.
Yes, once you've confirmed your firm and insurance choices you will go to your insurance if you fail to meet the conditions of your firm. You can ask to be released from your insurance if you change your mind by contacting the university directly asap.

More information here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Being_released_from_your_Firm_or_Insurance
You dont *have* to go anywhere. If you miss your Firm, you can simply tell the other Uni you dont want to accept their place.

However, if you are thinking of using this as a tactic to go into Clearing, be careful. You cannot accept a place in Clearing until you are 'free' of all other offers etc. In the chaotic days just after Results Day it can take up for a week (or more) for any Uni to release you from their offer - by which time all the 'good' places that were available will probably have gone. Be careful. You could end up with a worse place than your Insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending