The Student Room Group

HEFC - Gateshead College - Time Off?

Hi

I will be studying at Gateshead College starting this September, doing an HEFC full time over 1 year and just wondered if there was anyone here who is currently on the course who has taken time off during term time.

We are hoping to go Thailand after Christmas for 2 weeks and I was thinking February would be best as it is half term so would only need to take a week off from college - anyone who has taken time off during term time have you found it hard to catch up on work etc.? I don't want a holiday to ruin my chances of passing the course but also really want to go on the holiday!

The programme leader did say it wasn't advised to miss class time as you miss out on vital discussions etc. and it's a pretty intense course as it is, but if anyone could give me any advice that would be great.

Reply 1
Gateshead College does the Northumbria accredited Access course doesn't it? I am doing the same access course at a college in Cumbria. If you were doing the same modules as I am this year, you would have missed a vital part of the Unit 2 Psychology Study, the Unit 2 Chemistry practical and the Unit 2 Biology practical, which were all in the week after half term (with the psychology study also being the week before half term too!)

Unless you absolutely have to go to Thailand, I would give it a miss. A girl on our course went to Australia for 2wks after the Xmas holidays; she found it an utter struggle to catch-up and ended up dropping out.
Reply 2
Yeah they do, and hoping to get a place at northumbria after I do the HEFC.

Im going to be doing human biology, health studies & english language. I think ill speak to the college and see what dates they have for any assessments etc. - wouldnt want to have to drop out like the girl on your course, must be very intense then!

:eek:
Reply 3
hey, what modules are you studying at Gateshead college?
Reply 4
Original post by ODPs
hey, what modules are you studying at Gateshead college?

you have already messaged me asking this, gateshead dont do the hefc anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending