The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
If you want to give up the rest of your life then I'm sure that you will be fine!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I'm doing 120 pts next year.
Reply 3
Im doing 90 pts a year in addition to working full time quite comfortably.. but then I do already have a degree. I was considering doing 120 myself next year too.

Youll have to convince the OU though that you have the time to spare, I lied and told them I only work part time which they seemed quite happy with.
Reply 4
yeah I will be working pt time, and one course starts in oct and the other in feb so it will only be 120 points for like 5 months.
Reply 5
Highlander
anyone done this? I'm thinking of doing 2 level 2 60 pointers when I've finished this level 1.

That's a lot! I found 60 more than enough.
I'm doing 120 points next year too, but I am mixing levels (doing DD201 and D318) - doing two level 2 courses would be fine, but the advice I've been given (by those who have done it) is that doing two level 3 courses together is a nightmare.
Reply 7
I've just done 120 points at level 3 whilst working full-time. I've found it okay and have got the equivalent of 2:1s and 2:2s, which I'm pleased with. I couldn't have dragged things out any longer as I've been desperate to finish and launch my career, which is something you need to bear in mind - only you know your circumstances.

I would certainly say it is manageable if you set aside adequate time to study. I must admit that I could have put more work in and found extra time, but didn't, however that's my own doing. I think you'd be better off doing 120 points at level 2 than level 3 because you could end up having 2 dissertation projects at almost the same time; I've had to do 2 major projects and 2 TMAs within about a month. I've coped alright, but at times it's been a bit stressful. If you feel confident enough, go for it, but to me it sounds like you've made up your mind, as you said it'd only be 5 months of studying 2 modules - are you talking yourself into it?

Good luck:smile:
Reply 8
catshell
I couldn't have dragged things out any longer as I've been desperate to finish and launch my career, which is something you need to bear in mind - only you know your circumstances.

I'm just starting out at level 1 and am hoping to do 120 points in 1 year - I want to complete the degree in 3 years. I'm doing a 60 point and a 30 point course which are compulsory to the degree and 3 10 point modules - My only hope is that I can keep on track of all the different subjects. I think 2 60-pointers would have been better but hey-ho:rolleyes:

Latest