The Student Room Group

Advice needed

I'm seriously in love with this girl. A few months back, I told her how I felt about her, and she just said we ought to keep it at friends because our friendship was really strong and she didn't wanna lose that, which I totally understand.
The next couple of months were fine, we just carried on talking like nothing had happened. Then all of a sudden, round about the start of the new year, something changed. She just didn't seem her usual self when we spoke (she was majorly ill a few weeks before this), and I started wondering if I did anything wrong.
And now I'm really beginning to think she wants me gone. I'm always the one who has to message her, then I feel like I'm forcing her to speak to me and maybe she doesn't want it.
Now I'm really stuck in two minds; I should just leave her if she doesn't like me, but I can't leave her because I'd miss her so much.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
She friend-zoned you yet your still pursuing her in the hopes that you'll court her eventually. If you're still hitting on her then ignoring you is an appropriate response from her pov.
Reply 2
She's not ignoring me. She just doesn't seem happy when she speaks to me. So I try to not message her because I think that's what she wants, but after a couple of days I have to message her because I miss her so much.
Basically I'm screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Just say something to her, it'll save you a whole lot a hassle waiting around wondering whats wrong. Ive been there before, it's not great.
Original post by georgelewiss
I'm seriously in love with this girl. A few months back, I told her how I felt about her, and she just said we ought to keep it at friends because our friendship was really strong and she didn't wanna lose that, which I totally understand.
The next couple of months were fine, we just carried on talking like nothing had happened. Then all of a sudden, round about the start of the new year, something changed. She just didn't seem her usual self when we spoke (she was majorly ill a few weeks before this), and I started wondering if I did anything wrong.
And now I'm really beginning to think she wants me gone. I'm always the one who has to message her, then I feel like I'm forcing her to speak to me and maybe she doesn't want it.
Now I'm really stuck in two minds; I should just leave her if she doesn't like me, but I can't leave her because I'd miss her so much.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot describe in words how sorry I feel for you. I can only say that I have been, and kind of still am, in the exact same situation.

Year 10 this sort of thing happened with a girl. Then, she just blanks me. She was also ill for a week or two. Then comes summer which is always a dread because it's not the 'norm' to talk to people that you wouldn't normally.

Then some normal bitches be crazy conversations with her. I'm in year 13 now and a while before Christmas we walked past each other and she said "why don't we talk to each other anymore?". I replied, "yeah, why don't WE talk to each other...?" almost through gritted teeth.

So, my advice to you is, talk to her pretty soon, get it over with, and don't feel so ****ing bad with yourself for ages afterwards :/ It's not so bad, but I'm pretty sure I still like her a bit.
Reply 5
I asked her if she was unhappy with me, and if she wanted me to just leave her alone. She said nothing was wrong and she still wants us to talk, but I'm not convinced at all.
She don't wanna meet up with me either (she says she's busy but who's busy every day for 2 weeks?). She's been meeting other people but when I ask her if she wants to meet up its "I don't feel well today" or "I have revision".
The fact I don't believe anything she's saying probably says everything, but I love her too much to leave her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending