The Student Room Group

I'm being stalked by a man who works in a fish and chip shop

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Mad Dog
Yeah because that's totally how bisexuality works.:rolleyes:

I know some people who claim that for them personally it works that way. I'm straight so I'm not speaking from experience - but if I was a guy and hear such a thing from a girl, knowing it is so stupid I'd leave her alone.
Original post by Kolasinac138
Surprised he offered you sex, youre rough.

Oh right, sorry I did forget that being ironic is unacceptable... :rolleyes:
Original post by lastlullabyy
I know some people who claim that for them personally it works that way.

Suppose everybody's different. It's what makes the world great.

I'm straight so I'm not speaking from experience - but if I was a guy and hear such a thing from a girl, knowing it is so stupid I'd leave her alone.

But how can it be so stupid? If you know people who claim that's how it works for them?
Reply 23
Sigh. As one woman to another why would you have ever have put yourself in such a stupid, dangerous position?

Tell the guy you have a boyfriend and you're not interested. Don't text him back if he replies to that. If he continues to text you inform the police and get a new number. Contact your phone network too, as they have ways of being able to block a number.

And you weren't being stalked.
Reply 24
Original post by BoringPezza
So, in the last week of the semester, I went out for my flatmate's birthday. I wasn't really up for it, but I went out of... camaraderie's sake. An hour or so in and the vodka wasn't doing anything and I was feeling pretty terrible. My 'early leaving taxi sharers' were long gone and I was stuck with little cash because of my one night alcoholism or something.

Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to get a free taxi journey- paid for by a relatively charming Cypriot man. Don't judge me, but I take advantage of such situations with the idea to fob him off when we got back to the student village.

But he kind of followed me home and I kind of gave him my number after feeling guilty/him not leaving. He's really rather keen and has since offered to come round on numerous occasions. With it being Easter and all, I've managed to get away with saying I'm not there but I go back this weekend and I'm rather worried he's going to turn up. Or, invite me to fish and chip shop so he can make me a 'veggie deluxe with cheese and mango chutney'. I've hit a real low here and I don't know whether to worry more about the fact this man knows where I lives or that I chose to come home with someone that offers to deep fry me some vegetables and expects to get something out of it. How do I get rid of him?

Also, just saw your location. Do you go to Sheffield university? If so they have a policy whereby if you don't have any money for a taxi, you can ring Mercury Taxi's and they'll arrange it so you can have a lift from them, but you give them your UCard. They then take your UCard to the union who pays for your fare, and the next morning you can go down to the union and pay for your UCard back from what you owe with the taxi fare. They also have the safety bus every hour till 4am from the union. If you're at Sheffield uni then you had no excuse to have gotten a lift off a strange man. Even if you don't attend Sheff I'm sure your own uni has some other arrangement. They are designed to keep people safe at night.

Another thing, both me and my friend have been approached walking home by a bald/shaven headed man with a foreign accent. He asked us if we wanted a lift and a few other, more inappropriate, things. Does this sound like the same guy? There's obviously a very disturbed man driving around the streets of Sheffield so be safer next time, please.
You did kinda deserve this for trying to take advantage of him.

Stop being polite and worried about hurting his feelings and tell him how it is. If he doesn't leave you alone say you live with your 6'5 boyfriend who would love to meet him.

Also always make sure you have emergency taxi money! It's really dangerous to be stranded at night on your own. If you carry on doing this maybe one day the guy won't take no for an answer.
Call the police
Not really sure why you had to give him your number, you've kinda made him think there is a chance. As others said just ignore him or go with the boyfriend idea.
Next time you could get raped. Call the police.
Reply 29
He may well batter you by the sounds of things
Reply 30
Didn't your mother tell you to never speak to strangers?
Reply 31
Anyone else find OP really shallow for pointing out this guy works in a fish and chip shop?
I know you felt guilty but... why the **** would you give him your number?!!! :afraid: You kind of brought the problem onto yourself there
Original post by BoringPezza
So, in the last week of the semester, I went out for my flatmate's birthday. I wasn't really up for it, but I went out of... camaraderie's sake. An hour or so in and the vodka wasn't doing anything and I was feeling pretty terrible. My 'early leaving taxi sharers' were long gone and I was stuck with little cash because of my one night alcoholism or something.

Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to get a free taxi journey- paid for by a relatively charming Cypriot man. Don't judge me, but I take advantage of such situations with the idea to fob him off when we got back to the student village.

But he kind of followed me home and I kind of gave him my number after feeling guilty/him not leaving. He's really rather keen and has since offered to come round on numerous occasions. With it being Easter and all, I've managed to get away with saying I'm not there but I go back this weekend and I'm rather worried he's going to turn up. Or, invite me to fish and chip shop so he can make me a 'veggie deluxe with cheese and mango chutney'. I've hit a real low here and I don't know whether to worry more about the fact this man knows where I lives or that I chose to come home with someone that offers to deep fry me some vegetables and expects to get something out of it. How do I get rid of him?

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not?

If you're not, then I have several points to make...

1. Never, ever get into a taxi with someone you don't know, especially if you are alone. You can't assume that everyone in this world is a good person and trustworthy, there are nutters out there and although you may think "Oh it's just a decent guy offering to pay for my taxi", he may be plotting where to bury your body while you're comfortably chilling in the back of the taxi.

2. It's rare that someone will pay for a stranger to get home purely out of kindness. He was hoping for something in return and you made the silly mistake of leading him on. You gave the guy your number, therefore he is automatically going to assume you are interested.

3. You should text him saying you appreciate that he got you home safely but that you are seeing someone/not interested/in a relationship/concentrating on studies, anything that tells him to sling his hook and unfortunately you need to be blunt about it.

4. If he accepts the fact you aren't interested and leaves you alone, then happy days. If he doesn't then you need to contemplate getting someone of a higher authority involved etc.

In future, don't get in a taxi with a stranger, always assume that 'nobody gives you something for nothing' and try not to lead people on because it can back fire badly.
Reply 34
Say you have an STD, he might stop stalking >.<
Reply 35
Man the more I read this, the stupider you get.
Pay him back the money for the cab and tell him you're not interested, just a horrible person :yep:
What would have been wrong with telling him you would pay him back your share at a later date? That way no leading on need have occurred.
Reply 38
He wants the V.

The vinegar for his chips. :colone:
Haha, this is HILARIOUS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending