The Student Room Group

Napier University Dragging Their Heels

My daughter applied to Napier and had her interview 6 plus weeks ago. Was told at interview she would hear between 1-3 weeks after interview but to date her heard nothing. She applied in November and according to Leaps should have heard by 31.3.2013 but we have since heard that they have up to 9 May. Seems a bit cruel to keep her waiting so so long. The other uni's she applied to let her know within a few days. Napier is her first choice but both she and I are at the stage we just would like to know either way.:mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Give them a call and ask to speak to the admissions team. They should at least give an idea of how far they are through the process - probably won't give you a straight answer but better having a vague idea.
Reply 2
Original post by sabian92
Give them a call and ask to speak to the admissions team. They should at least give an idea of how far they are through the process - probably won't give you a straight answer but better having a vague idea.

Hi thanks for the reply. We have already tried that, also asked on open day but they said we just have to be patient and wait. Just starting to panick as the other Univ she has been offered means she would have to move away which we are not sure if we can afford as already have another child at Uni.
Reply 3
Original post by minmouse 1971
Hi thanks for the reply. We have already tried that, also asked on open day but they said we just have to be patient and wait. Just starting to panick as the other Univ she has been offered means she would have to move away which we are not sure if we can afford as already have another child at Uni.

They just said to be patient? Could they not at least give an idea of where they are up to?

I know some unis will interview/wait for applications from EVERYBODY before making their decision (to be honest that's wrong because it doesn't penalise those who pull their finger out and get their application in early) but 6 weeks is a long time. You need to have firmed your offers in less than 4 I believe so they're pushing it.
Reply 4
They said that they have a lot of applicants and are still working there way through them. We will not hear till they have completed all applicants interviews. I think in total we have called 4 times and visited once feel like we are pestering them but my daughter so wants to attend there.
Reply 5
Still not heard from Napier. Daughter getting really fed us as am I!
Reply 6
minimouse, I don't have any useful advice I'm afraid, just wanted to say I feel your pain, I think they are being a bit unreasonable. Best of luck to her, am sending positive vibes!
What part of 'be patient' are you not understanding?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending