The Student Room Group

Starting a job before exams?

I have found a vacancy that I am very interested in and would be great work experience. Its an accounting apprenticeship which says possible start date 13th May. However, between 15th May and 11th June I have 9 exams. This would be an issue. It's not that I won't have enough time to revise. But, assuming I got the job, I can't really go and piss off to the take the exams? Would this be very rude? Taking into consideration that would be paying me but I would not be there. Thanks
Reply 1
You would need to tell them that you have those exams. If they are having loads of training sessions around that time then it may not be practical for you to miss it so you would need to look at other jobs in that case.
Original post by Dominoes
I have found a vacancy that I am very interested in and would be great work experience. Its an accounting apprenticeship which says possible start date 13th May. However, between 15th May and 11th June I have 9 exams. This would be an issue. It's not that I won't have enough time to revise. But, assuming I got the job, I can't really go and piss off to the take the exams? Would this be very rude? Taking into consideration that would be paying me but I would not be there. Thanks

The company will most likely know that you are taking exams, so probably take this into consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending