The Student Room Group

Can I get a job despite me going to summer school in august?

I’m currently a Year 11 on study leave and I’ve only got a few exams left. I really want to get a job this summer but I also applied for a summer school programme at Oxford and I got into it. The summer school runs for 5 days at the start of August. Also, I don’t turn 16 until the start of July so I can’t start working immediately.
Is it worth it for me to start applying for jobs and then just mentioning in the interview that I’ll have to take 5 days off? But also I want to make as much money as I can right now before year 12 starts because of the workload. What do you guys think I should do?
Reply 1
you can start applying, and then if you get to the interview stage (or sometimes its on the online applications), they sometimes ask if there is a period of time that you cant work. if they don't then you should mention it. I'm assuming that you start back up in September so then you would still be able to work after the summer school? You can apply before you are 16, but you would have to mention when you turn 16 so they know when you will be able to work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending