The Student Room Group

Getting a job for a short period

I am having a gap year after A levels and come September am looking to get a new job. The only issue is that I have the potential for working abroad from February. Is it bad to get a job for only 4 months? Also if the employers ask how long i’m planning on working what do I say?
Original post by charlottecc23
I am having a gap year after A levels and come September am looking to get a new job. The only issue is that I have the potential for working abroad from February. Is it bad to get a job for only 4 months? Also if the employers ask how long i’m planning on working what do I say?

If you are working abroad from February, you could get an Xmas temp job before then. They usually start advertising around September. And they finish late December/early January time.
Or you could get a job at a fast food place, or restaurant or something. These usually have a larger than normal turnover of staff so won't be surprised is too come to leave a few months down the line. And you could get a job there from as soon as you finish your exams.
Reply 2
Original post by charlottecc23

Just say you want to work for your gap year to earn money for university and you'd be interested in reduced hours to stay with the company while in uni. Come January (for notice purposes), tell them you've been offered an amazing opportunity and are going to take it.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Look on sites like Indeed and search on 'temporary' - or sign up with a temp agency. They are not just for admin/office jobs and most will also handle other sorts of temp work and wont mind that you are only available short-term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending