The Student Room Group

Likelihood of my appeal being successful?

I've sent the jobcentre my appeal after being informed that they cannot give me jobseeker's allowance because I "have as much or more money coming in than the laws says you need to live on."

I basically corrected them in writing (in an appeal form) that I haven't been receiving money and only done unpaid work from September 2012. I've also enclosed contact details of the company who I've worked for.

Based on your experience/knowledge what do you think is the likelihood of my appeal being successful? Is there something I should've included? Would they still keep their decision just because I have not declared to them that I was doing voluntary work?
Original post by lalalalalalamember
I've sent the jobcentre my appeal after being informed that they cannot give me jobseeker's allowance because I "have as much or more money coming in than the laws says you need to live on."

I basically corrected them in writing (in an appeal form) that I haven't been receiving money and only done unpaid work from September 2012. I've also enclosed contact details of the company who I've worked for.

Based on your experience/knowledge what do you think is the likelihood of my appeal being successful? Is there something I should've included? Would they still keep their decision just because I have not declared to them that I was doing voluntary work?

Were you getting travel costs paid for the voluntary work? It won't make a difference, but you should declare that.

I think providing contact details for the company you're volunteering with should be enough. The decision maker should contact them to confirm what you've said.

If the decision is still upheld, appeal again. The only evidence you could give on top of what you have is bank statements showing that you haven't had any income from the company.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending