The Student Room Group

Withdrawn for attendance.. Help

Today I got an email from Greenwich retention saying that I am being withdrawn from my course (computer science) due to 6 weeks of non-attendance. I have definitely been in in the last six weeks however my attendance record shows that I have only attended 4 classes this academic year. This is not true but it's what the record shows.

I haven't been attending because of a chest infection which I have a doctors note for dated 03/09/23 and asthma which makes it hard for me to go outside and it's embarrassing and disruptive coughing in the lectures. But I know that I have at least attended in the last six weeks.

Other than that, I have TurnItIn receipts and messages to students in group projects the prove I'm still actively completing my degree, its just that because of my health I prefer to get the course material from Moodle where possible.

I have completed the appeal form mentioning all of this.

Has anyone gone through this and successfully appealed? Does this sound like a case I can fight?
Hey currently going through something similar, how did it work out for you?
Might be a bit late, but I’ve asked for the thread to be moved to University Life where there are a few posters who can answer these general procedural questions.
Original post by thatoneone
Today I got an email from Greenwich retention saying that I am being withdrawn from my course (computer science) due to 6 weeks of non-attendance. I have definitely been in in the last six weeks however my attendance record shows that I have only attended 4 classes this academic year. This is not true but it's what the record shows.

I haven't been attending because of a chest infection which I have a doctors note for dated 03/09/23 and asthma which makes it hard for me to go outside and it's embarrassing and disruptive coughing in the lectures. But I know that I have at least attended in the last six weeks.

Other than that, I have TurnItIn receipts and messages to students in group projects the prove I'm still actively completing my degree, its just that because of my health I prefer to get the course material from Moodle where possible.

I have completed the appeal form mentioning all of this.

Has anyone gone through this and successfully appealed? Does this sound like a case I can fight?

Hi there @thatoneone .
I'm sorry to hear about your health and you being withdrawn from Greenwich.
To begin with , assuming most universities function under similar policies the university should have given you a warning prior to withdrawing you , or contacted you about your attendance. DMU gets in touch with their students to find out what the issue is , to see if they can help and create the assistance you need to return to campus. I would advise you to mention that the university did not correspond with you about low attendance and you received no warnings.
Secondly you should have a tutor , we were each assigned to a tutor at the start of the year who would be able to advise us in cases such as these. Try to find out who your tutor is or the equivalent offered at your university to help you navigate this situation.
I hope this works out and that your appeal is successful because it seems like you did the best you could with the hand you were dealt and still managed to submit all your assignments .
Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University
Reply 4
Im going through this now also same university. can someone give any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending