The Student Room Group

Standard grade Spanish

Hi! Spanish exam is in two days and run out of revision material. Does anyone know any websites which help you revise other than the SQA? I've done every past paper for Spanish on that? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Just keep revising the vocab you have learned in class. Linguasorb is good for verb conjugations! Just go through past papers again and take a note of any new vocab and try to learn it!

Buena suerte!
Is anyone doing standard grade Spanish tomorrow? I am dreading it as it is my worst subject and I never wanted to do it in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I am doing spanish tomorrow and I am also dreading it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll do better than me. I'm still putting off revising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
G'luck guys, I'm sure you'll all ace it.
Reply 6
Original post by Bromaldehyde
G'luck guys, I'm sure you'll all ace it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So glad it's over! The credit was so hard especially the one about diving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
So how did it go guys? I'm sure you all did great!
I did sg spanish last year - at least you didn't get the listening about windmills! :biggrin:
Reply 9
The credit was hard :frown:
Anyone know what marks I need to get an overall 1 if my writing and speaking grade are 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found the credit exam really quite hard! How did you find the listening?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by StressedPupil
I found the credit exam really quite hard! How did you find the listening?

Hard. Some of the questions were ok but most of them I just guessed. What did you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don'tKnow!
The credit was hard :frown:
Anyone know what marks I need to get an overall 1 if my writing and speaking grade are 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade breakdown, spoke to my teacher on Wednesday and she said this is how it's worked out. I'll use my current grades as example:
Writing:2 (single weighted)
Speaking:1 (x2, double weighted)
Reading in exam (x2, double weighted)
Listening (single weighted)

My teacher said for my grades, my speaking is a 1 so 2 because of double weighting. Writing is a good 2 but unlikely to be a 1. Reading if I get a 1 then it's 2, double weighted and listening was to go for a 2. So it would be 2+2+2+2=8 divided by 6 = 1.34 =1 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I thought the Credit Listening was pretty difficult...the guy who was speaking was the assistant in my school last year and his accent was pretty hard to understand. I thought the reading was OK. Hope French is easier!
Reply 14
Original post by RickyTaylor97
Grade breakdown, spoke to my teacher on Wednesday and she said this is how it's worked out. I'll use my current grades as example:
Writing:2 (single weighted)
Speaking:1 (x2, double weighted)
Reading in exam (x2, double weighted)
Listening (single weighted)

My teacher said for my grades, my speaking is a 1 so 2 because of double weighting. Writing is a good 2 but unlikely to be a 1. Reading if I get a 1 then it's 2, double weighted and listening was to go for a 2. So it would be 2+2+2+2=8 divided by 6 = 1.34 =1 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
What would happen if it was overall 1.5 do you get a 1 or a 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you would probably round to get a two, however my teacher said that the writing mark can be changed by the sqa so that is not definite :smile:
I thought the listening was quite different to the past paper, or was that jut me?
Nope. always rounded up, so it would be a 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending