The Student Room Group

Any black or asian people who actually support ukip ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im asian and i only support ukip for wanting to get out of european union.
Reply 21
Nigel Farage was asked during the first debate with clegg about his stance on sodomite marraige, he said he could not support it with no protection for churches.

The lib lab con all agreed and put this law in place, with not a thought of the over 670,000 signatures against such a change to the institution that is the bed rock of society.

Further more the ukip deputy prior to the 2nd debate mentioned that hundred of Christians are being killed in Syria and Egypt, we very rarely hear about this from the 3 main parties.

The big three have shown themselves to be liars, perverts and decievers on a regular basis. The pc brigade have many racists, its just that they are very good at deception. Talk to any honest black person in the UK and they'll tell you that racism is still rampant over here in every facet of society.

Paying £55'000'000 per day to our friends in Europe is not chump change.

I'm not sure if I'll vote, but if I do it will be for UKIP.

By a black man born and bred in London
Reply 22
I don't like UKIP because they're demonstrably a joke, but I've got a lot of time for Mr. Farage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a difference between ethnic origin and nationality. Black British or British Asian people can hate or fear Polish immigrants . It's called xenophobia, the fear of foreigners. This is why trying to criticise UKIP and more so Nigel Farage as racist is dangerous, because his policies are actually xenophobic rather than racist. Both equally bad of course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by doggyfizzel

It would be like the BNP coming to power but the electorate then being in favour of immigration and multiculturalism.

The tide is turning against multiculturalism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_multiculturalism#United_Kingdom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12377084
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
Are there any black (full black not mixed race) or asian people on here that support ukip ?

If so give your reasons please .

You dont have to vote to answer this btw

One of the candidates for Yorkshire and Number is Asian.
I'm asian, - Filipina
Been here all my life basically

I wouldn't necessarily vote for UKIP
Or any similar parties,
But I do agree with tightening immigration - not completely stopping, just tightening laws on it

My opinion has nothing to do with race, I just think for the future of the country, it'll help with the risk of over population

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
Are there any black (full black not mixed race) or asian people on here that support ukip ?

If so give your reasons please .

You dont have to vote to answer this btw

Youtube nigel farage question time

youll see a indian guy supporting farage, seems pretty smart

but i still believe farage is the wrong skin colour
Original post by Observatory
There are a number of ethnic minority UKIP candidates. This shouldn't come as a huge surprise. UKIP don't have weird BNP-style "pay them to go back to Africa" type policies. They want to reduce unskilled immigration, mostly from the EU, but have stated no opposition to immigrants and their descendants already here.

You're quite right. I'm white, but am from an area where there are quite a lot of people from Asian backgrounds mainly Indian and Bangladeshi.

I've haven't got a problem with people voting for 'Kip. What does frustrate me is the number of people from said background who constantly bemoan being subjected to racism, and yet many of them make digs at polish and people from certain other Eastern European countries for coming to this country to work. A lot of it is sheer hypocrisy. They have no problem with unskilled immigrants coming from the non eu countries, and yet many of them are willing to demonise poles and Romanians for coming here to work.
Original post by Jehu
Nigel Farage was asked during the first debate with clegg about his stance on sodomite marraige, he said he could not support it with no protection for churches.

The lib lab con all agreed and put this law in place, with not a thought of the over 670,000 signatures against such a change to the institution that is the bed rock of society.

Further more the ukip deputy prior to the 2nd debate mentioned that hundred of Christians are being killed in Syria and Egypt, we very rarely hear about this from the 3 main parties.

The big three have shown themselves to be liars, perverts and decievers on a regular basis. The pc brigade have many racists, its just that they are very good at deception. Talk to any honest black person in the UK and they'll tell you that racism is still rampant over here in every facet of society.

'Sodomite marriage'. From your post one gets the sense that your opposed to equal marriage on the basis that two men having sex is unnatural/gross. Which tells me that you need to grow up a little. It's sex, get over it.
I am black and I support them. Is there a reason why I shouldn't?
Original post by carlisomes
I am black and I support them. Is there a reason why I shouldn't?

i imagine that you'd have a problem with ukip if they decided to demonise black people as well as poles, Romanians and Bulgarians.
Original post by Argentinababy
i imagine that you'd have a problem with ukip if they decided to demonise black people as well as poles, Romanians and Bulgarians.

yes. And?
Original post by carlisomes
yes. And?

And ... You're a hypocrite. Look, I grew up in a neighbourhood in the 90s and the early noughties that had people from all sorts of ethnic backgrounds. There were, however, a significant number of black people in our area as well as a lot of racial tensions for a period of time. The black people in our area always felt that they were being demonised by the local and national press, and i thoroughly agreed and sympathised with them because they were. They were being treated as if their presence was causing all of the problems. They were demonised, stereotyped and denigrated.

Now the exact same thing is happening to Romanians, Bulgarians and poles. They are being treated as leeches who are planning to invade our society and cause our welfare and health systems to implode. The numbers of Romanians people who have arrived since January are much less than that was predicted. The fact of the matter is that ukip and other members of the establishment are trying to scare people and cause even more hatred and fear of outsiders.

You're disregard for the way poles, Romanians and Bulgarians are demonised in the way that black people were (and still are) is pretty disgusting and, yes, racist. I'm sick of people blaming and demonising a certain 'kind' of immigrant. Instead of wanting someone to blame why don't you look at the figures that will reveal that the past few governments really have done f*** all for working class communities and helping those in manual jobs secure better rights.
By the way, I'm not against restricting immigration as I too realise we cannot have uncontrolled immigration, but I'm frankly sick of this notion being heavily espoused by many people that it's okay to denigrate and demonise certain ethnic group.

I say this as someone of Jewish background who has lost ancestors because of this particular tactic. It's the politics of fear and I do wish we would all take a lesson in history and recognise that it has had tragic consequences for many people in the past.
Reply 35
Original post by Jehu

An increasingly common viewpoint that will no doubt see UKIP win at least one MP next year!
Yes I am black mature female who supports UKIP before it became a force to be reckoned with. I agree with a selective immigration policy where jobs needs to be available for people abroad. I believe entitlements should be earned and worked and not given. I do not agree with multi -a Multiculturalism a Frankenstein culture of including everyone but having no central culture as a cultural root.
Also globalisation is part of an agenda to a one world government-btw that is an official agenda and not a conspiracy nut job idea.
Reply 37
I'm also not a follower of UKIP by any means... however I was totally behind Nigel Farage for Brexit and still am now
People of color are very good for the UKIP, as a lot of people today are convinced, that "non-whites can't be racist". Hence, as soon as a party has non-white voters and candidates, people suddenly think, they are okay. In case eastern europeans would not be white, a lot of people would no more support parties being against the EU. (Of course they forget, that as soon e.g. eastern europeans are "out" another minority will have to play the scapegoat, and this time, it may not be white, but then it will be too late.)
Reply 39
Original post by doggyfizzel
Why the distinction between black and mixed race :curious:

this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending