The Student Room Group

Triumph of Elizabeth AQA A2 HIS3B JUNE 3rd 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harriet6250
Hey, does anyone have any essays on the puritan threat to Elizabeth and religion under Edward and Mary that they'd be willing to send me? I have 2 essays on Elizabeth's final years and 1 on foreign policy, which all got A's so I'd be happy to send them to you in return :smile:

I don't have any essays on Puritan threat or religion under Edward and Mary sorry. But if anyone has these could you PM me too? But I'd be grateful if you sent me your essays on Elizabeth's final years and the one on foreign policy. :wink:

I've wrote all of my essays by hand and handed them in (stupidly) to my teacher who is the most unreliable person, and no matter how much I've asked for them to be returned I'm fighting a losing battle so I'd love to be able to use one of your essays at least to try and compare it to what I'm writing if that makes sense. :biggrin:
Yep sure how can I send them to you? I'm new to TSR so still figuring things out. I've got about 12 essays in total, shall I send you them all? I don't suppose you have any notes on the Puritan threat? I find the textbook pretty useless!
Original post by tragicwords
I don't have any essays on Puritan threat or religion under Edward and Mary sorry. But if anyone has these could you PM me too? But I'd be grateful if you sent me your essays on Elizabeth's final years and the one on foreign policy. :wink:

I've wrote all of my essays by hand and handed them in (stupidly) to my teacher who is the most unreliable person, and no matter how much I've asked for them to be returned I'm fighting a losing battle so I'd love to be able to use one of your essays at least to try and compare it to what I'm writing if that makes sense. :biggrin:
I don't really have any notes on them because I don't understand it but I'll make some tomorrow and send them to you? :-) I'm using another textbook 'Elizabeth i: Meeting the Challenge, England 1541-160 and it's so good but I need to go over that chapter. Haha it's fine you wouldn't be able to send them over here anyway. I'll give you my school email - [email protected]
Thank you so much :-)
If anybody could send me anything I'd be extremely grateful as I no longer have any of my essays from last year. Thanks!!
Does anyone have anything in the way of historical interpretations for the end of Elizabeth's reign to counter the 'most fractious' kind of view by Guy etc? Just realised it's the only bit of the course where my interpretations are a bit weak and I'm panicking a tad!
Original post by rettopyrrahevoli
Does anyone have anything in the way of historical interpretations for the end of Elizabeth's reign to counter the 'most fractious' kind of view by Guy etc? Just realised it's the only bit of the course where my interpretations are a bit weak and I'm panicking a tad!

Sorry but I've never come across a positive interpretation of England during the 1590s. If it comes up, all you need to do really is just state John guys whole 'fin de siècle' thesis and explain why you think it's accurate/inaccurate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shakespearian
Sorry but I've never come across a positive interpretation of England during the 1590s. If it comes up, all you need to do really is just state John guys whole 'fin de siècle' thesis and explain why you think it's accurate/inaccurate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

theres lots of positives about England during the 1590's until the end of Eliz's reign...

- Religion was arguably at its most stable by the end of her reign.. (diminishing threat of puritans + catholics... therefore acceptance of settlement + uniformity)
- Although Parliament can be seen to be most 'fractionous' it passed useful legislation (poor law) and even granted a triple subsidy for tax one year
- Bad social/economic circumstances + famine etc... yet only one significant rising related to that (1596?? oxfordshire) in which reportedly only 2-3 people showed up... suggests population were becoming loyal to the monarch <-- compare to 1549 risings/rebellions
- (could make a synoptic point here...) previous arguments+problems over the succession of the 50's+60s can be compared to the smooth succession laid out by cecil
etc etc
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jioannou123
theres lots of positives about England during the 1590's until the end of Eliz's reign...

- Religion was arguably at its most stable by the end of her reign.. (diminishing threat of puritans + catholics... therefore acceptance of settlement + uniformity)
- Although Parliament can be seen to be most 'fractionous' it passed useful legislation (poor law) and even granted a triple subsidy for tax one year
- Bad social/economic circumstances + famine etc... yet only one significant rising related to that (1596?? oxfordshire) in which reportedly only 2-3 people showed up... suggests population were becoming loyal to the monarch <-- compare to 1549 risings/rebellions
- (could make a synoptic point here...) previous arguments+problems over the succession of the 50's+60s can be compared to the smooth succession laid out by cecil
etc etc

Sorry I wasn't clear enough!! Apart from foreign policy being a bit patchy in places, I agree with everything you've written! What I meant was I can't find any positive historical quotes to put in, just the evidence that you've written.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I wasn't clear enough!! Apart from foreign policy being a bit patchy in places, I agree with everything you've written! What I meant was I can't find any positive historical quotes to put in, just the evidence that you've written.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I see I see... Yeah same, but I think if you make thematic/synoptic points they can (potentially) make up for a lack of historical quotes.
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone have any solid predictions of what question's are going to come up?

I'm taking a risky approach of avoiding Edward/Mary completely.

My revision is focused on (atm):

Foreign policy (synoptic approach) under Elizabeth's reign
Religion under Eliz (In particular Puritan's, really want a question about their challenge/significance to come up)
End of Elizabeth's reign (Was it a disaster/crisis etc..)
Starting to move onto Government/Parliament under Elizabeth now...
oh I see I see... Yeah same, but I think if you make thematic/synoptic points that can (potentially) make up for a lack of historical quotes.

I like your way of thinking :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any solid predictions of what question's are going to come up?

I'm taking a risky approach of avoiding Edward/Mary completely.

My revision is focused on (atm):

Foreign policy (synoptic approach) under Elizabeth's reign
Religion under Eliz (In particular Puritan's, really want a question about their challenge/significance to come up)
End of Elizabeth's reign (Was it a disaster/crisis etc..)
Starting to move onto Government/Parliament under Elizabeth now...

Yeah, while its good to do some revision on parliament, particularly during the final years, it was last years question so it is very unlikely to come up this year .... I say this cos I would quite literally hate the world if it came up again :tongue:

As for solid predictions, you can't really make them but puritans hasn't been on it for AGES

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, while its good to do some revision on parliament, particularly during the final years, it was last years question so it is very unlikely to come up this year .... I say this cos I would quite literally hate the world if it came up again :tongue:

As for solid predictions, you can't really make them but puritans hasn't been on it for AGES

Posted from TSR Mobile

alright cheers I know the basics of parliament anyway (I think). What are you focusing on?

Need some area's for revision... I've just been doing planning essays/practicing essays for the last few days
alright cheers I know the basics of parliament anyway (I think). What are you focusing on?

Need some area's for revision... I've just been doing planning essays/practicing essays for the last few days

I'm just re-reading the practice essays that I've done recently on all the topics just encase. I confess I never did one on parliament :tongue:

I'm also using the quizlets I made in February, to test me on every date and quote on the subject, to make sure I know absolutely EVERYTHING haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
anyone know what the questions for january 2013?
Reply 55
Does anyone know what was on the paper last year?
I was in hospital when the class went over foreign policy and the notes the teacher gave me make no sense at all. Does anyone have notes or sample essays they could send me please?
Original post by Hj1492
Does anyone know what was on the paper last year?
I was in hospital when the class went over foreign policy and the notes the teacher gave me make no sense at all. Does anyone have notes or sample essays they could send me please?

Questions last year were:

To what extent did royal authority decline in the years 1547 to 1558
Elizabeth was never able to control her parliaments
It was the impact of the Netherlands that led to the deterioration of Anglo-Spanish relations

Look on the Get Revising website and type in Rachel jones, she has typed up revision on the whole AQA syllabus from the text book, including historic quotes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey :smile: I noticed that some people were asking for notes or essays on Puritanism and I made these notes for college about 'how significant was the Puritan threat?' which shows the for and against arguments for that question, so I thought I'd share it! I hope this is useful! :smile:
Reply 58
is it likely that Edward and Mary will come up? my teacher has said that it is pretty certain they will but what do you all think? I've done so much revision on them I will be so annoyed if they don't come up!
Original post by chloew345
is it likely that Edward and Mary will come up? my teacher has said that it is pretty certain they will but what do you all think? I've done so much revision on them I will be so annoyed if they don't come up!

Mid Tudor questions are always the first question on the paper, so don't worry your revision will pay off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending