The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Dental Surgery BDS, University of Birmingham

Hi, I'm currently taking my GCSE's and i wish to study Dental Surgery BDS at the University of Birmingham. The entry requirements are linked here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/undergraduate/med/dental-surgery.aspx#CourseDetailsTab

It says I would need Chemistry and Biology GCSE's at an A* grade, however I have already taken one of these GCSE's and I am strongly doubting whether I would get the mark. Would they reject me straight away seeing i don't have A*'s for these two subjects?

Here are my predicted grades:
Physics: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
English Lit: A
English Lang: A
Spanish: A*
DT: A
IT: D(distinction OCR diploma)
Geography: B
RE: B

Also i realize that the University of Birmingham would be an excellent choice of university as they have access to the Dental Hospital, what other universities would you recommend, that are not too far away of course, I live in Birmingham.

help :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Kamran Naseem
Hi, I'm currently taking my GCSE's and i wish to study Dental Surgery BDS at the University of Birmingham. The entry requirements are linked here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/undergraduate/med/dental-surgery.aspx#CourseDetailsTab

It says I would need Chemistry and Biology GCSE's at an A* grade, however I have already taken one of these GCSE's and I am strongly doubting whether I would get the mark. Would they reject me straight away seeing i don't have A*'s for these two subjects?

Here are my predicted grades:
Physics: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
English Lit: A
English Lang: A
Spanish: A*
DT: A
IT: D(distinction OCR diploma)
Geography: B
RE: B

Also i realize that the University of Birmingham would be an excellent choice of university as they have access to the Dental Hospital, what other universities would you recommend, that are not too far away of course, I live in Birmingham.

help :frown:

If they say you must have A*s in GCSE Biol and Chem, then they will reject you for not having met the entry requirements - sorry to say.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending