The Student Room Group

Looking back, would you have chosen a different uni course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madders94
I wouldn't change a thing; I love my uni, my course and it's excellent value considering the course is £7k a year, I pay £3k a year and the amount of contact hours we have are brilliant, I can never quite believe it when some people only have 9 contact hours a week, what do they do with the rest of their time? :eek:

Part-time jobs, volunteering, engaging in hobbies, clubs, societies, shopping, partying, social events, sometimes(!) studying :P

Personally, developing Japanese language, game design, running forums, visiting others like these, essays/work/assignments when set, a couple societies a week, shopping trips (changed to delivery as the months got colder and as I spent more time indoors due to illnesses in second term) and the occasional day out.

Yeah, not much of it's to do with Uni is it? Even if I spent all day in the library, I still couldn't justify the 9k cost as you still have to pay for printing, many things in the cafe, joining societies and so on. It feels like this 9k only funds the lectures, of which there aren't many of (and some people say some of them aren't very good either)...

EDIT: oh, and if we don't include exams, I have no contact hours this term besides a couple of lectures about next year and a meeting with the tutor to choose our modules. That's it.
(edited 10 years ago)
No.

I didn't know whether I was going to get into my uni (took them all of results day to make a decision) and I managed to snag two clearing places while I waited, both for biochemistry.

Through my degree now I've worked out I really ****ing hate pure biochem and that human based biology is definitely more my gig.
So far, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending