The Student Room Group

Access courses to Law?

Posted this before but got no response as I'd posted in wrong forum.

Basically I just want to know if anybody completed an access course in Law to get into University. What was the course like? Which Uni did you get accepted to (if any)?

Also, I've been looking at Access to HE Diploma (Law and Criminology) at Doncaster College. I'm from Derby.. Is there any help for accomodation fees or anything like that?

Thanks in advance
Original post by sebotobes

Basically I just want to know if anybody completed an access course in Law to get into University. What was the course like? Which Uni did you get accepted to (if any)?

Also, I've been looking at Access to HE Diploma (Law and Criminology) at Doncaster College. I'm from Derby.. Is there any help for accomodation fees or anything like that?

Thanks in advance

I did an Access Course (it was a Humanities one). I was accepted in to Essex, Surrey, Kent, BPP Law School, Greenwich School of Management, Birkbeck University of London. (Some were part time, some were full time).

When you're on an Access Course you can only get funding for the fee's if you're 24 or over. You don't get funding for living costs at all.
Reply 2
Access to HE - Humanities completed here. Accepted in to University College London, Lancaster and Exeter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks in advance

If you can't find a more local college offering Access to Law, then a humanities access course would be just as good.

Law isn't necessary for A Level students, and the same principle applies to Access. Just make sure the subjects you choose for your access course are suitable for entry onto a law degree.
Reply 4
Forgive my ignorance, but what does the Humanities course entail?

I.e what are it's basic principles
Forgive my ignorance, but what does the Humanities course entail?

I.e what are it's basic principles

Humanities can include subjects such as Law, English Literature, English Language, Sociology, History, Social Policy, Politics, Psychology etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending