The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

On-campus accommodation, Ensuite

Hey guys anybody who had experiences of on-campus ensuite accommodation? Which one's the best? cos their prices are roughly the same :smile:
LEwes Court Phase Two is the cheapest ES and is quite nice, but it really depends whether you're a sociable person (if yes then Swanborough/LC if no Stanmer Court/Northfield).
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by thefunktopus69
LEwes Court Phase Two is the cheapest ES and is quite nice, but it really depends whether you're a sociable person (if yes then Swanborough/LC if no Stanmer Court/Northfield).

I can say that I am quite a sociable person yes. Why Swanborough instead of Northfield or Stanmer though? Are you saying that cos of the TV Room? What about the rooms, which one's have the best? Saw some videos but a couple of them don't really show the room as a whole and it's hard to understand how much space it has
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sk327
I can say that I am quite a sociable person yes. Why Swanborough instead of Northfield or Stanmer though? Are you saying that cos of the TV Room? What about the rooms, which one's have the best? Saw some videos but a couple of them don't really show the room as a whole and it's hard to understand how much space it has

because swanborough is in the centre of campus and it generallly attracts people who are outgoing, whereas stanmer court is far, far away and has mostly international students. Northfield is right up the back of campus and it is just quiet up there.

My lewes court p2 room seems slighlty bigger than northfield rooms, but my shower is smaller. Lewes court have larger kitchens(more worktop space) but each northfield flat has sofas.

If i were choosing again i'd go for northfield, as lots of people walk past lewes court and so it can be a bit difficult to sleep sometimes. Northfield also get their own social centre which saves a trek across campus to use a printer. Beware though: northfield smells like B&Q!
Reply 4
Original post by thefunktopus69
because swanborough is in the centre of campus and it generallly attracts people who are outgoing, whereas stanmer court is far, far away and has mostly international students. Northfield is right up the back of campus and it is just quiet up there.

My lewes court p2 room seems slighlty bigger than northfield rooms, but my shower is smaller. Lewes court have larger kitchens(more worktop space) but each northfield flat has sofas.

If i were choosing again i'd go for northfield, as lots of people walk past lewes court and so it can be a bit difficult to sleep sometimes. Northfield also get their own social centre which saves a trek across campus to use a printer. Beware though: northfield smells like B&Q!

Cheers mate, that was very helpful! Can I ask which ones have free washing/tumble drying facilities? I saw Brightelm does, but it's not ensuite and I wouldn't ever choose it for that.
Original post by sk327
Cheers mate, that was very helpful! Can I ask which ones have free washing/tumble drying facilities? I saw Brightelm does, but it's not ensuite and I wouldn't ever choose it for that.

Oh yes -forgot to add that. Washing and drying costs me £4 a week which bumps the rent up and also you have to find four pound coins each week, they only take pound coins which can be inconvenient.

I believe Swanborough has free washing machines. Northfield certainly doesn't. Not sure about Stanmer.

I wouldn't discount Brighthelm -it's in a nice location and the house style living looks really nice. The lack of ensuite isn't much of an issue there because it's 4 to a bathroom rather than the 12 of the Park Houses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending