any mature students going to hull?

Scroll to see replies

Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Kathy39
That's good knowing I don't have to worry about finding the books. Any tips or helpful info you wish someone had told you when you started?

Not really, as a mature student I would only suggest making yourself time for reading. Mine was always 'after the kids have gone to bed', which by that time I was always too tired for reading.
If its been a while since you did Maths then I'd certainly look to student services for the extra help they offer, that's for the Academic & Professional skills module and Dr. Trotter will explain all that to you.

Oh, and also, even tough they're young adults they're generally decent kids and it's mainly our ignorance to this as mature students that causes us to be 'outcasts'. You'll need there help for the marketing group project after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Hi I'm definitely a *mature student* and will be starting Psychology with FY. Course modules are available to look at, though agree with an earlier post, it's currently unclear which tutorial group a person is in so the timetable looks be overlapping. I'm really nervous about returning to education after raising my family, and hope Uni won't be a lonely, isolating experience as I'll be commuting from home across the Yorkshire/Humber border daily. I hope to become acquainted with other mature students :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I b commuting every day from Snaith n doubt you b lonely there so many of us lol xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Andysgirl1974
I b commuting every day from Snaith n doubt you b lonely there so many of us lol xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I'm not far from Snaith. Hope to get to meet a few others at mature student events too.
Am hoping to be able to organise car share for similar timetables if students close to me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
I'm nearly 23 and I'm going to study Philosophy and Creative Writing ... I'm considered a mature student too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bethanyyy
I'll be 22 and starting Community Development and Youth Work :smile:

Hi I am 23 and going to be doing community and youth work!
Reply 88
23 doing foundation degree in learning support

Quick Reply

Latest