The Student Room Group

showering everyday?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2336539/My-dirty-little-secret-I-shower-twice-week--But-I-bet-I-smell-sweet-you.html

Well this lady has come out with it and been honest.

I usually shower twice a week as well but wash my face and arms at least 5 times a day and wash my butt every time I go to the toilet and also wash my feet a dozen times everyday.

I don't smell. Is there something wrong with me? Sometimes I feel dirty so I shower more during the week. I change my clothes everyday and wash my armpits everyday but don't necessarily get naked in the shower and wash everything because I don't have the time to do that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I shower every night but only wash my hair once a week. Each to their own :smile:
I shower every day, but hey ho.
Every other day in the winter, pretty much every day in the summer, or whenever I've been sweating really
Reply 4
in summer I show every day and my hair every other day otherwise it washes out the natural oil
winter every other day
Reply 5
I'm sorry, you wash your 'butt'?? Like in the shower? or in the sink or with a bowl? If in the shower how do you only wash that specific part and why make the effort to if you can? WHAT KIND OF MADNESS IS THIS.
Reply 6
I'll have a shower/bath every day in summer, occasionally every other day if I cba. Only wash my hair twice a week, three times max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I thought for most people it was generally everyday? For me anyways I'll occasionally skip a day if I'm really busy or too tired etc.
Well I can only imagine you do no sport if you only wash twice a week, otherwise that's just absolutely foul.

I shower everyday. It's just nicer.
Reply 9
five times a day you say? Sounds like wudu

Posted from TSR Mobile
You wash your arms 5 times a day...? How do they get so dirty? =/ I shower about 5 times a week after the gym
:poo: I never wash
Reply 12
Original post by Squirb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was thinking that also.
Reply 13
Original post by Squirb

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Personally I feel I need to shower every day especially in summer. I like to wash my armpits/torso and apply fresh deodorant otherwise I feel a bit sweaty.
I wouldn't feel right putting a fresh t-shirt on unless I'd just had a shower.

Original post by tibbles209
You wash your arms 5 times a day...? How do they get so dirty? =/ I shower about 5 times a week after the gym

Maybe they mean for prayer? Muslims usually wash their arms/face/feet before they pray.
Original post by therisenmitten

Maybe they mean for prayer? Muslims usually wash their arms/face/feet before they pray.

Ah :beard: I never knew that, thanks!
Reply 16
Shower every morning. Though at a friends for a few months and the shower and bath are broken and we are gardening all day so the house is smelling not good :s-smilie:
I usually shower every morning. If I wake up late then sometimes I just don't bother. (I just wash my armpits and face using the sink in that case)
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2336539/My-dirty-little-secret-I-shower-twice-week--But-I-bet-I-smell-sweet-you.html

Well this lady has come out with it and been honest.

I usually shower twice a week as well but wash my face and arms at least 5 times a day and wash my butt every time I go to the toilet and also wash my feet a dozen times everyday.

I don't smell. Is there something wrong with me? Sometimes I feel dirty so I shower more during the week. I change my clothes everyday and wash my armpits everyday but don't necessarily get naked in the shower and wash everything because I don't have the time to do that.

You sound like a Muslim. As in, it's not common practise for a Muslim to shower twice a week but it's when you said 5 times a day and washing feet, especially when you said washing your butt.
If I go more than 2 and a half days without a bath/shower my hair looks rather greasy. And that's usually the most I go without a bath/shower. Sometimes I have a bath sunday night then moday night. Other times I have a shower monday morning then a bath tuesday night or sometimes even wednesday.

And if I've played badminton/ walked home from 6th form, I feel sweaty which makes me feel as if I smell.

If I haven't sweated a lot and I'm not going out much then I might go
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending