The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They don't want a letter ... I can imagine they have a relatively high turnaround of staff. A sentence will suffice 'I would like to alert your attention to the fact that I, NAME, hereby resign from the position of POSITION, effective RESIGNATION DATE."
Reply 2
Original post by Jam'
They don't want a letter ... I can imagine they have a relatively high turnaround of staff. A sentence will suffice 'I would like to alert your attention to the fact that I, NAME, hereby resign from the position of POSITION, effective RESIGNATION DATE."

Actually no, they do want a formal letter.
Original post by kunoichi
Actually no, they do want a formal letter.

I left Primark 4 months ago and what I did was just state why I'm leaving for example better job opportunities and plus when after the letter they have what they call an 'exit interview.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Boreism
I left Primark 4 months ago and what I did was just state why I'm leaving for example better job opportunities and plus when after the letter they have what they call an 'exit interview.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

yeah today i just wrote the date i was leaving and thank you for all the training and experience. They seemed happy with it.

What happens in the exit interview and how long does it last?
Reply 5
Hi, so im handing in my notice tomorrow at primark due to having several other, more well paying jobs with more hours.

The problem is having never written a resignation letter, i dont really know what to say in it other than obviously, im leaving.

Any ideas? Thanks :smile:

This is what i wrote when i left my job.

Dear Manager

As of ____ i will be leaving my position of ____ at primark. My last day of work will be ____.

Yours

______
Thank you

yeah today i just wrote the date i was leaving and thank you for all the training and experience. They seemed happy with it.

What happens in the exit interview and how long does it last?

It will be 20 minutes to half an hour no longer than that for definite unless you have any questions, they just want to know and confirm your reason why you're resigning and to see if they can help you with your circumstances if it is possible for them to do so. They couldn't help me so they were forced to accept that I quit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, so im handing in my notice tomorrow at primark due to having several other, more well paying jobs with more hours.

The problem is having never written a resignation letter, i dont really know what to say in it other than obviously, im leaving.

Any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Just write a letter saying that you are giving in your notice, you are giving x amount of notice (however much notice you have to give), you are leaving due to having another job (you dont have to go into detail, just keep it simple), and your last day will be x day.
Reply 8
Thanks for your help everyone :smile: Much appreciated.
Old thread, I know, but need some advice! I might be leaving Primark soon and I need to know something about the notice period. I work weekends, so I was wondering, if I hand in my notice on Saturday, which can be my last day of work to do things properly and still be paid? Should Sunday be my last day, or should the next Saturday or Sunday? Technically, if I hand in my notice on Saturday, by the end of Friday, it's already been 7 days. But do they do this 'technically' or will they expect me to come one more Saturday or even a full weekend in order for my notice to be done according to their policy? I want to do this right as I would like to be paid the near £200 I have worked for these past few days. Seriously - need help!
Reply 10
You will have to read the terms and conditions off your contract and find how much notice they require. Usually notice starts after you hand in a letter informing the employer you are leaving and what date your last shift would be. So if you have to give 7 days notice its 7 days after you handed in your notice.
Could anyone help me, I would like to hand my notice in at Primark, but not sure what to write, I've read some of these ideas but would still appreciate the help
I just started working at primark 2/3 weeks ago but I want to leave. As I was in the early probation period do I still have to go through the lengthy process? Or could I just ring or hand in a letter. I work on a 4 hour contract basis on a Sunday. Does this change anything? Also, I have a shift this Saturday - would I have to go to it or can I hand in my notice a few days prior. ( I REALLY don't want to do this weekends shift. I want to be done before)
Original post by Pandvuodbaige
I just started working at primark 2/3 weeks ago but I want to leave. As I was in the early probation period do I still have to go through the lengthy process? Or could I just ring or hand in a letter. I work on a 4 hour contract basis on a Sunday. Does this change anything? Also, I have a shift this Saturday - would I have to go to it or can I hand in my notice a few days prior. ( I REALLY don't want to do this weekends shift. I want to be done before)

Lazy much?
Reply 14

Well you can always call a store and resign verbally over the phone effective immediately
Original post by SlenderManRises
Lazy much?

I actually have other commitments. So, no it's not due to laziness.
Original post by klika89
Well you can always call a store and resign verbally over the phone effective immediately

Yeah I'll try that. Thanks.
I actually have other commitments. So, no it's not due to laziness.

Excuses Excuses. You agreed to commit to the weekend shift so you are indeed lazy. Cheeky nandos with the 'lads' doesn't count as other commitments.

Yeah I'll try that. Thanks.
Original post by SlenderManRises
Excuses Excuses. You agreed to commit to the weekend shift so you are indeed lazy. Cheeky nandos with the 'lads' doesn't count as other commitments.

You don't even know who I am , let alone my life!! The term 'other commitments' can mean many things and no I was not intending on quitting my job for a 'cheeky nandos'. I don't wish to discuss my private, personal life with a stranger so don't ASSUME. You just about know my username, not my life.
Yawnfest.

The simple fact that you can't commit to a simple job for 4 hours a week, tells us all that you a pure and utterly lazy.

Why even apply if you did have 'other commitments'

Latest

Trending

Trending