The Student Room Group

Avoid this driving school by all means

https://www.facebook.com/DriveDynamicsDrivingSchool?fref=ts

They've good offers but all they want is your money. I paid £100 for 10 lessons and I was told I would be on a waiting list for at least 3 weeks. I booked a lesson with RED driving school and called DRIVE DYNAMICS to cancel because of the waiting period (THE MONEY IS NON-REFUNDABLE).

It took about 4 days to confirm I paid £100 and when you book the lessons through their sales department they did not explain the refund policy.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1
Never pay for your lessons upfront pay £1 - £2 extra per hour but insist you will pay every lesson and pay at the end of the lesson after your instructor has given you feedback for the day.

I paid my instructor every lesson actually I didn't even had to ask him he told me he will only take payments after the lesson and he didn't charge me extra or anything.
Always hear bad things about these guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Someone else may be able to give you more info about it but if its been under 30 days (I think) they have to give you a refund. Don't matter if they say they don't.

Oh and if you paid with card, phone your bank and see if they can refund it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
That's why it's always in your best interests, to ask for the full details including if your money is refundable before you make any sort of payment.

They are in the wrong, and you should have asked for the full details too. It's like walking out of a store without counting your change then running back into the store when your change is wrong and expecting them to give you the difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
I got hold of the customer service today (after calling everyday since Monday). I was told it is not their duty to explain their refund policy and I can't get my money back as well.
Reply 6
Original post by singleandrich
I was told it is not their duty to explain their refund policy and I can't get my money back as well.
They do have a duty to make their terms and conditions clear, otherwise they cannot enforce a contract. There is also a thing called the distance selling regulations that you would do well to research.

Unless there is something you are not telling us and assuming you haven't yet taken a lesson or cancelled at short notice, you should be able to get your money back, even if it's through a county court.

What do you have in writing about their terms of business?
I saw something on watchdog about a solicitor who had a problem with a phone contract. The contract was all agreed by phone. They then charged her loads for taking the phone abroad. BUT this was never part of the contract, therefore they couldn't charge her. She took them to a small claims court and won.

So if the refunds policy was not explained to you during the phone call, I don't know if they can enforce it? Although, legally, I'm not sure if your situation counts as forming a contract or not?

Might be worth looking into if it's £100 at stake.
Reply 8
If you didn't agree in person then you should be covered by the Distance Selling Regulations.
I was watching BBC Panorama (or Watchdog, can't remember) a few weeks ago and they had some information about the Sales of Goods Act, which requires vendors to return money if you're not happy - within reason - with the goods or service. I'd suggest reading up a bit about this law and try that approach - you've got nothing to lose and quite a bit to gain by doing so. :smile:

My driving school - Drivecoach Driving School - was excellent, and so was the instructor I had; I paid for lessons in bulk as it saved £2 per hour, and since I had about 30 hours of lessons, I saved £60 quid in total (on top of what I saved due to the introductory offer). I know the company very reliable and is based in many areas all over England and Wales, so try them out: http://www.drivecoach-driving-school.co.uk/
Reply 10
I agree with all the negative comments , DO NOT GO WITH DRIVE DYNAMICS, they sold me a package without telling me it was not refundable , My driving instructor came to my lesson extremely late and his excuse was that he couldn't find my address which I gave to him a week ago, he also was using a map to get there. When I asked for them for a refund they said the couldn't give me one or change my driving instructor. Their Customer Service is awful!,
I also asked my driving instructor about how he teaches and fortunately I had lessons with AA previously and everything I said I had done in my first lesson he said he wouldn't have taught me that till after a couple of lessons. The seem really cheap but they plan on holding you back and teaching you at a slow pace, so at the end of the day you are paying the same amount you would pay more pricier companies. My Advice is do not go with them its QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY.
Please spread the word about DRIVE DYNAMICS so others won't fall for their scam. PLEASE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending