The Student Room Group

Afraid I'm gonna get friendzoned!

Ok I met this girl by a friend of a friend when we were going out, I remember on the second night we went out as a group she started holding my hand, I was really really smashed so dont know what happened after that. A few weeks later when we went out as a group again she kissed me, then disappeared. I've been out with her again in a group but nothings really happened then. After the Kiss I added her on facebook and we literally talked so much and I feel like I know her pretty well now.
Now that Uni is over we can't really talk in person as we've both gone home, we're still talking all the time on facebook, but Idk why I have a bad feeling I'll just end up getting friendzoned. She went out the other night and messaged me at like 3 telling me how a guy tried to kiss her (it was a pretty funny story), but idk if she told me that as a friend or told me that to get me jealous or Idk

I think I'm really just afraid that if we keep talking all summer, when we actually get bak to uni, she'll see me more as a friend rather then a boyfriend :l
Reply 1
Sounds like you're in luck, ask her out somewhere, just the two of you, doing that kinda seals that its more than a friend thing, stop talking and start meeting.
Reply 2
Original post by Apocrypha
Sounds like you're in luck, ask her out somewhere, just the two of you, doing that kinda seals that its more than a friend thing, stop talking and start meeting.

The thing is to actually meet up, one of us would literally have to take a plane, we're like 500 miles away from each other!
Reply 3
Just make sure you're flirty and making your intentions clear. Flirting makes her realise you're more than just a friend I think.
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is to actually meet up, one of us would literally have to take a plane, we're like 500 miles away from each other!

Send a carrier pigeon, it'll be romantic.
If at any point she says 'I love you like a brother" youve definitely been friendzoned.
Reply 6
This is why you should be talking to multiple girls at once so if one flakes/friendzones you it's no biggie as opposed to putting all your eggs in one basket.
Reply 7
Guys about the whole talking flirty thing, I honestly don't know how :l and I mean if we are talking about me acting like one of those Uni lads who doesn't give a ****, thinks he's hard and just generally doesn't care, then that's not gonna work, cause I've already kinda told her I'm not like that...

Original post by OedipusTheKing
Send a carrier pigeon, it'll be romantic.

Haha I'm not gonna lie, if a girl did something like this to me, I'd pretty much just never talk to her again and just avoid her. It's creepy as ****! and I think I just realised you were joking...

Original post by Ultimate1
This is why you should be talking to multiple girls at once so if one flakes/friendzones you it's no biggie as opposed to putting all your eggs in one basket.

The thing is I never actively go out to meet girls or go out to find a girlfriend, I mean I'm really indifferent around the whole topic, I mean I have a friend who literally can not be single, like as soon as he breaks up with someone he HAS to find someone else, and I'm just not like that.. I have no idea when I ended up even falling for this girl but it happened and I really just don't wanna become just a friend.
If you don't wan to be just friends with her and want more then just tell her and stop making it more complicated for yourself. There's no reason to be afraid of rejection, she has the right to reject you, it's not something bad that's to be feared, it's actually a good thing because it shows that the two of you were incompatible. Do you think that there is only one women for you in this big wide world? If not, then just go ahead and ask her already and if she doesn't turn out compatible then just move onto finding the other millions that will be.
Reply 9
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
If you don't wan to be just friends with her and want more then just tell her and stop making it more complicated for yourself. There's no reason to be afraid of rejection, she has the right to reject you, it's not something bad that's to be feared, it's actually a good thing because it shows that the two of you were incompatible. Do you think that there is only one women for you in this big wide world? If not, then just go ahead and ask her already and if she doesn't turn out compatible then just move onto finding the other millions that will be.

You're defo right, and I agree with you 100% she's not the only girl in the world, but that's not the issue here, I can't just come out and say I really like you more then a friend on facebook and we can't really meet up as she's 500 miles away from me. I just have a bad feeling that if I keep talking to her all summer that she might end up seeing me as a friend instead of a potential boyfriend.
You're defo right, and I agree with you 100% she's not the only girl in the world, but that's not the issue here, I can't just come out and say I really like you more then a friend on facebook and we can't really meet up as she's 500 miles away from me. I just have a bad feeling that if I keep talking to her all summer that she might end up seeing me as a friend instead of a potential boyfriend.

Why not? You're just putting pressure on yourself if you believe that you must only ask face-to-face. It's really simple when you do it online as well, here's what you do if you get anxious. Write it down on somewhere, ctrl+c then go on facebook and open a message to her, close your eyes if it will help then just paste it and press enter.
So just be a little flirty with her.
Haha, sounds a bit like one of my mates actually, I wonder if she is the girl in question, that would be funny. Which uni are you at, OP? Probably not though.
Reply 13
Original post by Ultimate1

You're actually right on this one.
OP, you have to keep living over the summer holidays and you don't want to portray yourself as a guy who sits inside, all summer, waiting for a girl he isn't even dating and has no opportunity to meet up with.
Go out and live your life, meet other girls. Talk to her occasionally (not all the time) on fb and send a few flirty messages, but wait it out until you can get together again.
Reply 14
Flirty doesn't mean acting hard and ridiculous. It's just polite flirtation such as compliments and jokey suggestions which let her know you're interested in here in more of a way than just friends.
Reply 15
Have you asked anything personal before like do you have a boyfriend?? I'm pretty sure a girl can sense more or less from this kind of curiosity:3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

if you dont want to ask her on facebook then pick up a phone....dial her number and freaking call it!
Reply 17
Tell her
Reply 18
I guess I should just tell her online, I'm gonna practice what I'm gonna say

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Haha, sounds a bit like one of my mates actually, I wonder if she is the girl in question, that would be funny. Which uni are you at, OP? Probably not though.

Or you could go first and tell me which uni ur friend is at? :biggrin:
I guess I should just tell her online, I'm gonna practice what I'm gonna say

Or you could go first and tell me which uni ur friend is at? :biggrin:

I asked first :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending