The Student Room Group

Is it sad to go camping on your own?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If you think you're going to enjoy it (and you feel safe and are prepared for any emergencies etc) then no it's not sad.
Reply 41
Absolutely not!

Go and embrace the wilderness on your own, do you want to be on your deathbed and having the regret that you never went camping on your own?
Original post by justforlolz
Hey guys

I love camping in the lake district but no one i know is free to go anytime soon. Im thinking of just going on my own for a week, camping up a mountain for that entire time and bringing enough food and supplies with me etc. ive done it before but with someone and it was awesome. But is it a bit sad and pathetic to do iton your own?

What are views?

:smile:

There's nothing sad or pathetic about it (well, other might disagree, but why should you give a **** what they think?). However, for safety reasons it might be best to bring someone if you can... there could be some dicks about or what-have-you. If you are going to go alone at least bring a phone just in case. It might also help you if you feel lonely too.
Reply 43
Hey guys

I love camping in the lake district but no one i know is free to go anytime soon. Im thinking of just going on my own for a week, camping up a mountain for that entire time and bringing enough food and supplies with me etc. ive done it before but with someone and it was awesome. But is it a bit sad and pathetic to do iton your own?

What are views?

Like someone said, get some friends! It'll be boring on your own...
Hey guys

What are views?

Absolutely not. I often used to do motorcycle touring on my own which involved plenty of camping. Can be freezing at night in the highlands, even in summer. However I always chose campsites with a nearby pub. Being on my own meant I had more freedom to go where ever and when ever I wanted. I loved the freedom.
Reply 45
Would you enjoy it? ----- No---------Don't
|
Yes
|
does it hurt anyone? ------ No ------- Do it!
|
Yes
|
Don't

I've done you a useful flow chart. You can apply it to a lot of things in life.
(edited 10 years ago)
I wouldn't think it was strange. Especially seeing as you're already known for liking camping.

I would if I could, but I'm too put off by the risks. Going with friends can be fun, but kinda defeats the whole 'getting away from people' objective.
Reply 47
Pretty sad tbh
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
it could be awesome actually. I'd reccomend taking plenty of weed and other mindbending substances with you and just enjoying the **** out of nature. A week might be a bit long if you ask me but a few days of just total alone time in the wild? I'd love it.

PRSOM

OP, sounds amazing, go for it.
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
PRSOM

OP, sounds amazing, go for it.

prsom?
I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE THINKING THAT GOING ANYWHERE AT ALL ALONE IS WEIRD.

No, go, make sure you have safety provisions and a way to get help if needed though.

Whatever makes you happy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by CJG21
Yes, get some friends.

nono.gif
Nah it's not sad. I'd want to do the same but as a girl and a girl with very little camping/survival skills it's not really safe.
Reply 53
I wouldn't say it is sad at all but if you do decide to camp alone, just be extra careful.
Hey guys

What are views?

I'd love to do that!
But I'd be too scared to go by myself...:sad:

But you should go if the only thing stopping you is what other people would think.
:yep:
Why not go just because no one else is free? If you feel like doing it, go for it!
prsom?

Please rate some other members
Reply 57
Its not pathetic....who knows you might meet someone there
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Please rate some other members

ahh right, lol, was I gonna get an up or a down?
ahh right, lol, was I gonna get an up or a down?

An up, wouldn't have bothered saying it if it was a down

Quick Reply

Latest