The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anelka for £5.5m is intriguing. Apparently he's West Brom's highest paid player, so surely he'll be the main guy up front?

I think the bargain buys will be crucial this season.
Original post by ninuzu
Agreed, but how many guaranteed starting players can you get that cheap? And by spending £4.5 on both Shaw and Okore, that opens a lot of money for splashing out on top midfielders and strikers.

Nat Clyne and Michael Turner got me a fair few points last year. Alcaraz from Everton might be worth a punt as well.
Reply 22
Original post by sr90
Nat Clyne and Michael Turner got me a fair few points last year. Alcaraz from Everton might be worth a punt as well.

Turner is on my bench.
Reply 23
I've got this so far. Obviously won't be final...

Reply 24
Original post by Isometrix
Anelka for £5.5m is intriguing. Apparently he's West Brom's highest paid player, so surely he'll be the main guy up front?

Has to be. These prices are killing me, I'm sure I could have afforded these players on last year's prices. RvP at 14 is mental, realy does cripple the other positions, although saying that, worth bringing in the guaranteed striker or strengthen else where and get in an adequate replacement :holmes:

Also, think Lukaku/Bony might do well.

Original post by kuks
I've got this so far. Obviously won't be final...

I've got Bony in as well. After 31 goals in 29 games, I think he'll do well but still a gamble hmm.

SO MANY CHOICES :cry:

Team so far.

Team Name: Kamara's Beavers
(edited 10 years ago)
Nobody going for paulinho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I've joined, team name is Real Brighton. Not actually put a team together yet, just did auto complete for the time being.
Reply 27
I'm in again. Chudley Cannons FC.

Picking a team fresh is my least favourite part, so stressful! Have managed to cram Bale (C), RVP, Sturridge, Coutinho, Arteta, Anelka and a few other good names in there though.
Original post by DH1'
I'm not going to be in the H2H league this season. So do you or anyone make the league for that and i can write the code in the OP.

Made one and sent you the code.
Reply 29
Original post by SirMasterKey
Made one and sent you the code.

Thanks mate. H2H code has now been added to the OP
Original post by DH1'
x

Team name: The AK Hazards

Cheers :smile:
Sammy's stallions
Excellent. My team name is Lurking With Intent, and I look forward to doing better than last season.
Original post by Isometrix

A very good shout. I'm tempted, he's proven that he can score goals and if he starts every week he'll be well worth it.
My teams name is Hannover 69

Also how did you post the pictures on here?
(edited 10 years ago)
Any tips? (first time doing this)

I've got:

Mignolet, Guzan
Azpilicueta, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Shaw, Bassong
Wilshere, Snodgrass, Bale, Coutinho, Schneiderlin
Benteke, Sturridge, Anelka

Would you say its better to have an outstanding first team and rubbish subs (who are worth 4/4.5 mil) or not?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Any tips? (first time doing this)

I've got:

Mignolet, Guzan
Azpilicueta, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Shaw, Bassong
Wilshere, Snodgrass, Bale, Coutinho, Schneiderlin
Benteke, Sturridge, Anelka

Would you say its better to have an outstanding first team and rubbish subs (who are worth 4/4.5 mil) or not?

I think that's a fairly solid effort. A very balanced, high-quality front three, in my opinion. And your midfield should take in a lot of points.

I'd rather have the high-quality first team. Subs don't seem to make that much difference, if you manage your captaincy and transfers well and keep an eye on injuries and suspensions.
Original post by sr90
I'd take out Wilshere but other than that I like the look of it

Why?
I'm not surprised at people omitting RVP when you can get such a well-rounded team without. But he is called Reliable Robin for a reason, and if he goes by the form he's shown in the last two seasons you'll literally be killing yourself for not getting him. I know I was last season when I started without him.

I think I'm going to start with him this time. If he doesn't hit form under Moyes, I can always sell for someone cheaper which frees up funds to re-model the rest of the team. But if he does hit form, and I don't have him, I'll have to take transfer hits left, right, and centre to free up the funds (assuming you maxed out your budget) - not the ideal start you want. Or it will force you to prematurely play your wildcard. Seems to me it's easier and safer to downgrade rather than upgrade.

Also I read Chelsea and Villa could have a DGW in week 1. If that's the case I'm not really sure how I'll set my team up for the opening fixture.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Forgot that Chelsea will have a DGW sometime. Not sure who'll play.

Benteke likely to leave Villa is someone who I would have for the DGW.

Chelsea could be Mata/Ivanovic etc, but depends on how Jose sets up and what the transfers are like.

Think I'll stick to having RVP for a few weeks to see how he does, especially with Rooney could leave.

Latest