The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

What reason do you have to be happy today? This is addressed to anyone that wants to answer.
Reply 301
Original post by chickenonsteroids
What reason do you have to be happy today? This is addressed to anyone that wants to answer.

I have several:

(a) I'm not dying or ill, and I don't have a lack of food (:colone:)
(b) I am highly privileged to be who I am - there are a lot of people worse off than me.
(c) I have lovely friends :smile:

What about you? :hugs:

I was gonna quote the lyrics to 'I Got Rhythm' but realised I don't have "my man" :facepalm:

I've just come back from a nice jaunt Ooop North and saw the homes of the Beatles :gah: That's enough to keep me smiling for a little bit :colondollar:

Generally though, I'm a right pessimist :p:
Original post by Mazzini
I have several:

(a) I'm not dying or ill, and I don't have a lack of food (:colone:)
(b) I am highly privileged to be who I am - there are a lot of people worse off than me.
(c) I have lovely friends :smile:

What about you? :hugs:

I made my siblings a meal today and my mum likes it too :colone: but... they want me to do it more often. Double edged sword I tell you

:hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I was gonna quote the lyrics to 'I Got Rhythm' but realised I don't have "my man" :facepalm:

I've just come back from a nice jaunt Ooop North and saw the homes of the Beatles :gah: That's enough to keep me smiling for a little bit :colondollar:

Generally though, I'm a right pessimist :p:

:lol: Did you turn into a temporary rockstar? :cute:

:hugs:
Reply 304

Replace it with "my God" :mmm:

The three "reasons to be grateful" I have in my journal today. :colondollar:

1) I have the support of a really brilliant bunch of people (family and friends) to keep me going and support me even though things might be going not so well at the moment.

2) I have my faith and therefore hope.

3) I have a roof over my head and enough food, which is more than a lot of people have.
I'm back in the Safe South, where unfriendly people will continue to cause me to stand on a Tube on one foot and stare at me grumpily (or with huge fear in their eyes, if I have a violin case) :ahee:

I had to carry a mate's Oboe case once and people actively walked on the other side of the train station to avoid me :yep: I was half tempted just to suddenly leg it to the train to freak people out.
Original post by tasha96
The three "reasons to be grateful" I have in my journal today. :colondollar:

1) I have the support of a really brilliant bunch of people (family and friends) to keep me going and support me even though things might be going not so well at the moment.

2) I have my faith and therefore hope.

3) I have a roof over my head and enough food, which is more than a lot of people have.

:five: how long have you been keeping a journal for? :smile:

1. The Ashes is finally interesting, good game so far by the Aus.

2. My sunburn so far isn't blistering :yep:

3. THE FOOTBALL SEASON HAS STARTED.

4. The soup i've made survived the night and didn't go stale so we have 7 portions-ish to go.

5. Sherlock preview and therefore Waston 'tache.

6. And as in most days, the Guardian picture desk was as wonderful as ever.

'Tis the lil things in life :h:
:five: how long have you been keeping a journal for? :smile:

Four days. :tongue: I've only just started. :colondollar:
Original post by tasha96
Four days. :tongue: I've only just started. :colondollar:

That's a good practice :smile: I hope you keep it up :h:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
1. The Ashes is finally interesting, good game so far by the Aus.

2. My sunburn so far isn't blistering :yep:

3. THE FOOTBALL SEASON HAS STARTED.

4. The soup i've made survived the night and didn't go stale so we have 7 portions-ish to go.

5. Sherlock preview and therefore Waston 'tache.

6. And as in most days, the Guardian picture desk was as wonderful as ever.

'Tis the lil things in life :h:

But the ashes trophy is so small... how will you ever see it?! :eek:

But the ashes trophy is so small... how will you ever see it?! :eek:

We don't need to see it, so long as we can spend the next two years in the knowledge that we're better than Australia, that is all that matters :daydreaming:

Actually went to the game yesturday and we sat right next to the trumpeter so there was a lot of drunken sing-a-longs and out of time clapping. 'Twas squeet <3

I met up with a friend today who I hadn't seen for several years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lol: Did you turn into a temporary rockstar? :cute:

:nah: I turned into SUCH a fan girl though. I may have taken zillions of pictures and paid a small fortune for tickets to the museum and the Liverpool Magical Mystery Tour though :colondollar:

Original post by Aula
Replace it with "my God" :mmm:

ZOMG, IT LET ME REP YOU :gah: :jumphug: :woo:

I had to carry a mate's Oboe case once and people actively walked on the other side of the train station to avoid me :yep: I was half tempted just to suddenly leg it to the train to freak people out.

:rofl: Whilst that's something I'd be tempted to do too, Lord knows what would happen to you if you did that. You might get shot by the police or something, like that guy just after 7/7 (not that he was carrying an instrument. Think he had a big backpack or something) :s-smilie:

:rofl: Whilst that's something I'd be tempted to do too, Lord knows what would happen to you if you did that. You might get shot by the police or something, like that guy just after 7/7 (not that he was carrying an instrument. Think he had a big backpack or something) :s-smilie:

I should have brought a black hat and overcoat, I could be a fairly good looking assassin that way :yep:

Huh never thought of it that way... Good thinking Batman! I shall be Pinky to your Brain.
Good thinking Batman! I shall be Pinky to your Brain.

:awesome:
Back from camping!

Had a really good time, got to know the youths and the youth leaders better and I feel so blessed by God.

How have you guys been doing? :smile:

Now I have a suitcase full of dirty clothes to deal with....
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by James A
Back from camping!

Had a really good time, got to the youths and the youth leaders better and I feel so blessed by God.

How have you guys been doing? :smile:

It sounds like you had a great time! I'm visiting down south at the moment and the weather is really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
It sounds like you had a great time! I'm visiting down south at the moment and the weather is really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wicked! Where about in the South are you visiting?
Original post by AspiringMedic8

Isn't the South like Narnia? I've never really been so I imagine it is :^_^: Glad you both had such a good time!

Original post by James A

Correction, you have a suitcase full of dirt clothes for someone else to deal with. In our house we have a passive aggressive non-verbal argument where everyone leaves their dity suitcase out until eventually someone gets bored of the sight and caves in and cleans them for everyone :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending