The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Racoon
Ah.... just found where they moved this section:tongue:, under 'life and style'. Seems an odd place as its all religious talk. I think its going to get missed being here.

It's in 'Faith and Spirituality' though, a subforum of Life and Style. I think the main reason was that before we were in 'Religion', which was part of the 'Debate' section, so people would often come into the religious society threads looking to start a debate. The idea of the move is that this should decrease over time.
Original post by grownupfrog
It's in 'Faith and Spirituality' though, a subforum of Life and Style. I think the main reason was that before we were in 'Religion', which was part of the 'Debate' section, so people would often come into the religious society threads looking to start a debate. The idea of the move is that this should decrease over time.

I see, thanks. Personally though I thought it was ok if people came here to question as you could just redirect them to 'ask a Christian':smile:.
Pinterest has some nice stuff on it for Christian encouragement :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Read a great link from a former atheist, a good read and makes you think about all the evidence for God.:smile:

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html
Reply 4764
Prayers please. My depression is more or less stopping me from doing revision (generally, not just this evening), and I see my friends revising and just feel like I'm being left so far behind :cry:

If I don't pass these exams then I will have to resit, and if I don't get through them then I will be chucked out of the uni :cry:
Original post by Mazzini
Prayers please. My depression is more or less stopping me from doing revision (generally, not just this evening), and I see my friends revising and just feel like I'm being left so far behind :cry:

If I don't pass these exams then I will have to resit, and if I don't get through them then I will be chucked out of the uni :cry:

:lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mazzini

Of course, praying hun :frown: :console: :jumphug:
Reply 4767

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Of course, praying hun :frown: :console: :jumphug:

Thanks lovelies :grouphugs:
Original post by Mazzini
Thanks lovelies :grouphugs:

You ever need a chitchat you know where i am ok :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4769
Original post by Mazzini

*hugs* Prayers! :grouphugs::grouphugs:
[video="youtube;hlrrHoM_tUU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlrrHoM_tUU[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlrrHoM_tUU

Such a lovely worship song, nice to just sit for a moment and meditate on the words.
Your grace is enough...
Original post by Mazzini

Have you told your Uni? Do they have some kind of student support? You can get extenuating circumstances to help you with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Listening to Joyce Meyers (and knowing about her very useful book 'Battlefield of the Mind').

Controlling our minds and not being slaves to every thought. God is concerned about all areas of our lives especially our minds and thought processes.

We need to remind ourselves daily (renewing our minds) that God came to set the captive free from whatever is enslaving us whether it is fear, obsessive behaviours, anxiety, depression, worry, anger.

God wants us to live a victorious life where we stamp on the devils head and tell him to get lost.

Reading out load verses from God's word and declaring them to be true might sound a bit odd to some but this is God's word to us and when he hears his words back he responds.

Psalm 34:17

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Psalm 40:1-3

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Deuteronomy 31:8

8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Psalm 3:3

3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

Psalm 32:10

10 Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

Psalm 42:11

11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

1 Peter 5:6-7

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

John 16:33

33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

1 Peter 4:12-13

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Psalm 37:23-24

23 If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; 24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

[video="youtube;RCImd8vZWG4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCImd8vZWG4&list=PLI6B3t KfDpQopGR4DfiFVwucX3Pq2vJrM[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCImd8vZWG4&list=PLI6B3tKfDpQopGR4DfiFVwucX3 Pq2vJrM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1GAqdHOUhA
Could i ask for prayers please as our benefits have been suspended without us being told so we have no money for bills or food.

Very stressful time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Could i ask for prayers please as our benefits have been suspended without us being told so we have no money for bills or food.

Very stressful time

Posted from TSR Mobile

My family has been through a similar thing in the past and we were never without food, God always made a way for us and I know He will do the same for you! Will be praying!!
Original post by alexschmalex
My family has been through a similar thing in the past and we were never without food, God always made a way for us and I know He will do the same for you! Will be praying!!

Luckily they have reinstated it, as we were looking at a month without money so wouldnt be able to pay bills or buy food!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I've mentioned this in here: whilst I was in Edinburgh last weekend, my friend made me some notebooks stitched into a leather cover. One of the notebooks has plain paper in it and, inspired by Joanny, I've decided to turn it into a faith journal! Bought some nice self-adhesive gemstone shiz from Paperchase to decorate it and have already started gathering some quotes for my scrapbook!

Will try and take pics later to show you. Tiz shiny :biggrin:

Luckily they have reinstated it, as we were looking at a month without money so wouldnt be able to pay bills or buy food!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew! So glad they've reinstated it, thought it was bloody ridiculous when I read your Facebook status :mob:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I don't think I've mentioned this in here: whilst I was in Edinburgh last weekend, my friend made me some notebooks stitched into a leather cover. One of the notebooks has plain paper in it and, inspired by Joanny, I've decided to turn it into a faith journal! Bought some nice self-adhesive gemstone shiz from Paperchase to decorate it and have already started gathering some quotes for my scrapbook!

Will try and take pics later to show you. Tiz shiny :biggrin:

Phew! So glad they've reinstated it, thought it was bloody ridiculous when I read your Facebook status :mob:

Even caused my partner to be sick through stress! I thought i was doing the right think by telling them i had a job before i actually started!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even caused my partner to be sick through stress! I thought i was doing the right think by telling them i had a job before i actually started!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's ridiculous they are trying to penalise people for going back into work. Makes me so cross! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending