The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alice_95
Aww :biggrin: Seriously well done. I've been cleaning Reading Uni as a temp job and it's a lovely uni! I can't wait for September 14th so I can move into KCL! My sister is also waiting until the end of September to move to Warwick :biggrin:

Oh really? Which part of the uni were you cleaning??

Also, congats on KCL, such a prestigious uni :awesome:. Living costs in London are really hefty though!
Reply 461
Original post by James A
Oh really? Which part of the uni were you cleaning??

Also, congats on KCL, such a prestigious uni :awesome:. Living costs in London are really hefty though!

I was cleaning some of the halls (Windsor, Ipsden, Greenow and some others) and got a lovely view of many of the buildings when I was walking into work. If you have any questions about Reading as a town let me know, I've lived here all my life :biggrin:

Thank you, I can't wait to be in London! Ah they are indeed. Luckily I got my first choice accommodation which is a good price for London, only 5100 pa and that's in Lambeth! :biggrin:
I was cleaning some of the halls (Windsor, Ipsden, Greenow and some others) and got a lovely view of many of the buildings when I was walking into work. If you have any questions about Reading as a town let me know, I've lived here all my life :biggrin:

Thank you, I can't wait to be in London! Ah they are indeed. Luckily I got my first choice accommodation which is a good price for London, only 5100 pa and that's in Lambeth! :biggrin:

I've actually got family living in Coley Park and Theale so I've been Reading many times before xD!

awwh, Lambeth ain't far away from the Thames at all! Well placed location :colone:
Reply 463
Original post by James A
I've actually got family living in Coley Park and Theale so I've been Reading many times before xD!

awwh, Lambeth ain't far away from the Thames at all! Well placed location :colone:

Ah that's lovely :biggrin: It is indeed, and I can walk to Waterloo in about 20 minutes so I'd be cutting travel costs and keeping in shape haha :P

I know it's London and prices are exorbitant - but that's 3k more than I'm paying for accommodation. And that's considered low?

Anyway - congrats to all you little scamps who made your offers, but stop making me feel old - youse were doing your GCSE's when I started uni, it's just not right.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

I know it's London and prices are exorbitant - but that's 3k more than I'm paying for accommodation. And that's considered low?

Anyway - congrats to all you little scamps who made your offers, but stop making me feel old - youse were doing your GCSE's when I started uni, it's just not right.

Hey, it's EIGHT YEARS since I found out I was going to Oxford, imagine how old I feel!
Reply 466
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Haha those facial expressions just made my day - I know it's crazy! Hampstead is the cheapest at about 4000 but it's quite a way out. Yep, that's considered a reasonable price! I shall have to live off baked beans and the like! Haha I'm a 'little scamp' :P Time does fly!
Out of curiosity and I like these songs, what do people think of the songs from this youtube account. They're from the festival(that I went to:yeah:) that a few of you were speaking about on page 5 and 6.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrtZ94z1Bq2TzvVOiD4zvNw?feature=watch
Reply 468
Original post by Feefifofum
Hey, it's EIGHT YEARS since I found out I was going to Oxford, imagine how old I feel!

:console: 6 years and Durham for me. Except I had to wait a few days while they decided if they had space for me on the course, and which college I could go to 'cause I didn't quite get my offer :erm:

Well done to everyone :h:

My brother is off to Cardiff, and he passed his driving test today. It could have been an absolutely terrible day for him, but happily it was not :mmm:
Congratulations to everyone who got results today. :smile: Hope everyone got the marks they were looking for. :grouphugs:

I'm really sorry to be a pain again, and I know I'm always asking but could I please ask for prayers? :frown: Really really not good at the moment and I don't know what to do. :cry2:
Reply 470
Original post by tasha96
Congratulations to everyone who got results today. :smile: Hope everyone got the marks they were looking for. :grouphugs:

I'm really sorry to be a pain again, and I know I'm always asking but could I please ask for prayers? :frown: Really really not good at the moment and I don't know what to do. :cry2:

Praying for you :hugs:
Original post by tasha96

:console: Be praying for you hun x If you need a rant you know where to find us.

Zephaniah 3:17 - The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Congrats to all!
Original post by tasha96

You're never a pain hun. Hope you're feeling better this morning. Sorry I abandoned you last night :frown:
Original post by Aula
:console: 6 years and Durham for me. Except I had to wait a few days while they decided if they had space for me on the course, and which college I could go to 'cause I didn't quite get my offer :erm:

Well done to everyone :h:

My brother is off to Cardiff, and he passed his driving test today. It could have been an absolutely terrible day for him, but happily it was not :mmm:

:five: Oldies unite! One of my friends submitted her PhD yesterday, exactly 8 years since getting into university. Nice for things to come full circle like that! Congrats to your brother too!
Original post by tasha96

:hugs: Tasha you aren't a pain at all hun. Keeping you in my prayers :jumphug:
Anyone here getting into the athletics today? We should just clone Mo Farah and Gemili and put them in everyone of our sports team :yep:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Anyone here getting into the athletics today? We should just clone Mo Farah and Gemili and put them in everyone of our sports team :yep:

Gemili was playing in the sixth level of Football a year before the olympics. I'm not quite sure what skills Farah has but we can find something for him.
Original post by Roloing_around
Gemili was playing in the sixth level of Football a year before the olympics. I'm not quite sure what skills Farah has but we can find something for him.

We could get him to play baseball :daydreaming: Just teach him to swing a bat and he'll run around it enough times for everyone.

If not we'll just put him in a large hamster wheel and get him to power the country.
Imams 1

Priests 0

Spoiler

Original post by getoom
Imams 1

Priests 0

Haha nice find! Imams looking very spiffy although I imagine the grass stain being a pain to get out afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending