http://www.ucb.co.uk/resultsday
Will be praying for you :smile:

Original post by Lottie Robinson
Hello. GCSEs tomorrow. Any prayers welcome. Feeling sick. x thank you x

Praying. Good luck :h:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Praying. Good luck :h:

Ty :smile:
So a few weeks ago i decided to start to try and put my faith in God and trust him. It has being going somewhat well. Most people say they feel happier when they put there faith in God and trust him, thing is i don't feel that way, my life actually feels less enjoyable. Hanging out with my best friend, watching movies, tv shows playing video games, doing work just seems to be less fulfilling, i still enjoy them just substantially lesser. Maybe i had an epiphany and realized that i can only achieve happiness through God, but i'm just not sure. Has anyone ever felt this way before?
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
So a few weeks ago i decided to start to try and put my faith in God and trust him. It has being going somewhat well. Most people say they feel happier when they put there faith in God and trust him, thing is i don't feel that way, my life actually feels less enjoyable. Hanging out with my best friend, watching movies, tv shows playing video games, doing work just seems to be less fulfilling, i still enjoy them just substantially lesser. Maybe i had an epiphany and realized that i can only achieve happiness through God, but i'm just not sure. Has anyone ever felt this way before?

Hmm I usually find that spending some time during the day solely focusing on faith tends to provide a bit of peace in between everything else, moreso during early morning and evening.

I can't relate to feeling unsatisfied with the company of friends.. But maybe you've outgrown certain interests, like video games, tv shows, and films.

Just out of curiosity, have you been doing anything differently or new with your stronger faith?
Original post by getfunky!
Hmm I usually find that spending some time during the day solely focusing on faith tends to provide a bit of peace in between everything else, moreso during early morning and evening.

I can't relate to feeling unsatisfied with the company of friends.. But maybe you've outgrown certain interests, like video games, tv shows, and films.

Just out of curiosity, have you been doing anything differently or new with your stronger faith?
Ummm. I pray more frequently, when i wake up, go to bed, for food even for beverages. I set a limit on how much time i spend playing video games watching movies and tv. Used to be the entire day, now it's mostly a few hours. I go to church. I use forums here and on other websites to ask questions or give my opinion on Christianity and my christian faith. That's basically all i have noticed that i have changed.
Original post by getfunky!

Ummm. I pray more frequently, when i wake up, go to bed, for food even for beverages. I set a limit on how much time i spend playing video games watching movies and tv shows. Used to be the entire day, now it's mostly a few hours. I go to church. I use forums here and on other websites to ask questions or give my opinion on Christianity and my christian faith. That's basically all i have noticed that i have changed.
Romans 1:18–25
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,
in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honour him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonouring of their bodies among themselves,
25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worship and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

Such powerful words.
I went to some prayer conference type of thing (i don't know an appropriate name for it) for about 6-8 hours today. Basically it was full of a bunch of ministries, worshiping God through dance and music and a few miracles (like some guy who badly injured his leg was healed and could walk). Basically as the people around me started to praise and worship God through dance and song they began to sort of scream saying that they felt as if they were covered in fire, heard God talk to them, felt a breeze pass them, felt fire on the palm of their hands. Some people were touched by the ministers and would fall down, some woman was relieved of her pain and began to laugh uncontrollably for what i remember was a solid 10 to 30 minutes, it was completely wonderful. But here is the thing, from what i recall i never felt God's presence, none of these sensations (except one moment where i felt a gush of wind which i would think was God, but a part of me does not believe it as i was only standing and not worshiping God like everyone else) but was constantly battling my disbelief. Even seeing these miracles (Some woman gave a testimony on how she asked God to clear the clouds and reduce the heat as the weather was relatively bad and it happened 15 minutes later.) there is still some unbelief. When everyone was called to dance on stage I basically didn't wan't to do it. But my Mum and her friend were convinced i would miss out so they dragged me there and i merely stood and soon became exceedingly annoyed that they kind of forced me to do it.

Anyway i feel the whole reason behind this is, is that i have a fear of judgement and also my unbelief is hindering me from completely embracing God, but i am unsure. Has anyone struggled with such things, and how did they overcome it?

Oh and a last thing. With the miracle things everyone was like "Wow", "Praise The Lord!", "That was awesome", "It was great" etc, but i was like "It was okay". Even though an extent of apathy remains, to some degree i still appreciate what God had done but i am unimpressed by it. Because i know that God is an amazing God an Omnipotent being i was not surprised by it. He can bring back the dead, make the blind see, anyone who can't walk, to walk. If it is within his will he can do it. But i feel like i am missing something. Everyone else began t praise the lord for it shouting "Thank You Lord" "Hallelujah" etc, i would thank the lord for it, but i'd be like "Okay That Was Nice". Am i missing out on something.

Okay this is the final one. Everyone would be like "God will make [Insert Country Here] a great nation, he will save everyone" and everyone would shout out "Amen!", but i would think "But God Loves Everyone He Will Save Every Nation & Everyone If They Choose To Embrace Him. So Why Would He Only Save My Country?" Is there something i am missing? Thanks :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
I went to some prayer conference type of thing (i don't know an appropriate name for it) for about 6-8 hours today. Basically it was full of a bunch of ministries, worshiping God through dance and music and a few miracles (like some guy who badly injured his leg was healed and could walk). Basically as the people around me started to praise and worship God through dance and song they began to sort of scream saying that they felt as if they were covered in fire, heard God talk to them, felt a breeze pass them, felt fire on the palm of their hands. Some people were touched by the ministers and would fall down, some woman was relieved of her pain and began to laugh uncontrollably for what i remember was a solid 10 to 30 minutes, it was completely wonderful. But here is the thing, from what i recall i never felt God's presence, none of these sensations (except one moment where i felt a gush of wind which i would think was God, but a part of me does not believe it as i was only standing and not worshiping God like everyone else) but was constantly battling my disbelief. Even seeing these miracles (Some woman gave a testimony on how she asked God to clear the clouds and reduce the heat as the weather was relatively bad and it happened 15 minutes later.) there is still some unbelief. When everyone was called to dance on stage I basically didn't wan't to do it. But my Mum and her friend were convinced i would miss out so they dragged me there and i merely stood and soon became exceedingly annoyed that they kind of forced me to do it.

Anyway i feel the whole reason behind this is, is that i have a fear of judgement and also my unbelief is hindering me from completely embracing God, but i am unsure. Has anyone struggled with such things, and how did they overcome it?

Oh and a last thing. With the miracle things everyone was like "Wow", "Praise The Lord!", "That was awesome", "It was great" etc, but i was like "It was okay". Even though an extent of apathy remains, to some degree i still appreciate what God had done but i am unimpressed by it. Because i know that God is an amazing God an Omnipotent being i was not surprised by it. He can bring back the dead, make the blind see, anyone who can't walk, to walk. If it is within his will he can do it. But i feel like i am missing something. Everyone else began t praise the lord for it shouting "Thank You Lord" "Hallelujah" etc, i would thank the lord for it, but i'd be like "Okay That Was Nice". Am i missing out on something.

Okay this is the final one. Everyone would be like "God will make [Insert Country Here] a great nation, he will save everyone" and everyone would shout out "Amen!", but i would think "But God Loves Everyone He Will Save Every Nation & Everyone If They Choose To Embrace Him. So Why Would He Only Save My Country?" Is there something i am missing? Thanks :h:

I was in your position tbh, I was a bit confused when people would say they feel God moved and wee overcome by the spirit etc. like the whole failing down and uncontrollable laughter and things, that all scared me and I was just like "nah" - I just kept thinking God has never done that to me so is something wrong, does God not want to come near me? is He passing me by? Am I not good enough? Like what do they have that I don't?, I was literally overthinking things and focusing on other people and their experiences but I didn't say "I want to feel what they feel", I didn't let myself be open with God, because of my scepticism and almost unbelief that God would ever do that to me, I closed myself away from Him and stop Him from moving in me and through and being open to how He would talk and interacted with me, it's until I went to church and began learning about God speaking and literally driving into God by myself and being open to Him that He truly began to move and show me that everyone's interaction with Him would be different. I would try worship, read the bible or listen to a sermon but beforehand, sometimes I would say like Holy Spirit, come and move, as I did those things, I went with the expectations that I would meet with Him in our own way, that He would come like He did with everyone else and He did and honestly the first time the Holy spirit came over me I was in a flood of tears, then once I was just weak but I have never got the belly laughter though (I guess it's because God wants to communicate through different emotions at different times), We are to be expectant of Him and be open to Him so I suggest be more open, leave all past views at the door and when you meet with Him or just want that experience, be open, don't put pressure on yourself, be expectant and don't give up if you don't get anything the first time!

And in regards to miracles, sometimes it's just unbelief but once you get one in your family or someone you know, you will feel it more.

Just continue to press in to Him, even ask for Him to help examine where your unbelief in certain areas is coming from and just continue to allow Him to open up your mind, to teach you more about the person He called you to be and about who He is :smile: Sorry for my ramblings!
Reply 6251
I *snip* Is there something i am missing? Thanks :h:

I think a really important thing to remember is that God reveals himself in different ways to everybody. To me it sounds like that's not a way for you to worship at the moment, so maybe you just need to look into other ways? It may be worth trying some quieter, more contemplative forms of worship.
It's been a while since I've stopped in here. *waves*

It's been one year for me now since coming back to Christianity. I was an atheist for a few years before returning last year. Praise God. :smile:
Original post by Aula
I think a really important thing to remember is that God reveals himself in different ways to everybody. To me it sounds like that's not a way for you to worship at the moment, so maybe you just need to look into other ways? It may be worth trying some quieter, more contemplative forms of worship.

That's so very true. God does reveal Himself differently to everyone, and it's important to not miss what He's trying to show us all, in those different ways. :smile:
Original post by *Deidre*

It's been one year for me now since coming back to Christianity. I was an atheist for a few years before returning last year. Praise God. :smile:

How has your year been? :smile:
Sometimes (most times for some) life is a battle. We face spiritual attack, physical problems, health difficulties etc. Just because we are Christians doesn't mean we are immune to these things but, we do have an assurance that everything will work out according to God's will for our lives eventually.

This verse came to mind this morning its in 2 Chronicles 20 v 15

'....This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's'.

The battle, or the vast army we face is not ours, it's Gods. The other verse that goes with this is the one about the heavy yoke. God tells us to remove it, the yoke that is weighing us down, whatever that might be, and hand it over to God. God will exchange it for a lighter yoke, one that we will be able to bear.

Keep believing in His promises to us.

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the waterthat sends out its roots by the stream.It does not fear when heat comes;its leaves are always green.It has no worries in a year of droughtand never fails to bear fruit.”Jeremiah 17:7-8

Let the JOY of the Lord be your strength today:h:. Love God, love one another and let His light shine through your life into this dark world.

Just one more thing 'what are you doing with this one precious life?'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by *Deidre*

Awww, congrats on the one year anniversary :h:
You've probably all read about the Bishop of Grantham revealing that he's gay and in a long-term celibate relationship. I came out on here a while back but generally most of my friends and acquaintances don't know. The Bishop of Grantham has inspired me to come out to most people and I'm planning on doing this soon.

Prayers that people are as kind as you all were would be appreciated :colondollar: (Just FYI, I do not plan on being anything other than celibate for the remainder of my life - my mental health doesn't permit anything else. So if you pray for me for this intention that people will be kind and compassionate about my coming out, you're not praying for anything out of line, dw :tongue: )
I hope you all have a blessed and productive Sunday :h:
Thanks to everyone or their prayer and support ! I could enter into the university of my choice and looking back it was only possible by the grace of GOD. Thank you Jesus, and from today's message

"We sinned right after GOD created us but even then GOD'S unfailing love continues upto today and always aims to re-unite us with Christs"

AMEN:colondollar: Praise be to GOD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending