The Student Room Group

Girl's Messaging (Girl's opinions wanted)

If a girl puts lots of smiley emoticons in her messages, is she just a happy person or is she really eager to talk to you/ really happy that you talked to her?

Scroll to see replies

Could be all of them? I put lots of emoticons just because I want to be friendly and I like using them :h:
Reply 2
Depends, I use emoticons when flirting with my bf sometimes :wink: lol But I also use emoticons with my mom.
Reply 3
It probably just means she puts alot of smiley emoticons when she texts/types. I wouldn't read it any further than that.
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian
Could be all of them? I put lots of emoticons just because I want to be friendly and I like using them :h:

This :tongue:
We're not mind readers, I'm afraid. All I can say is that it probably doesn't mean anything, but if it does mean something it's likely that it doesn't mean what you think it means.
Reply 6
Original post by Maid Marian

It could be that, but say if you rarely talk to guys in a flirty way or if you're a shy type? (She's a shy type- but I still am useless at understanding girls)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
If a girl puts lots of smiley emoticons in her messages, is she just a happy person or is she really eager to talk to you/ really happy that you talked to her?

LOL

oh my days
Reply 8
As other people said, it depends if she usually uses them a lot anyway. If she doesn't, then I would say it's a good sign, like she wants you to know she's happy to speak to you.
Reply 9
It means she wants you to ask her out mate :wink:
Original post by bembem
It means she wants you to ask her out mate :wink:

Def

Who's the red head btw, she is hot
Reply 11
Original post by fat_hobbit
Def

Who's the red head btw, she is hot

Susan Coffey
Original post by bembem
Susan Coffey

Christina Hendricks is hotter.
Reply 13
LOL

oh my days

I know right? How blind can you be, OP? She blates wants it.

BUT SERIOUSLY. Smileys can mean anything. I use a lot of smileys in texts. She might just be friendly. Or maybe she does want something more. Only way to find out is to ask her.
Original post by eliza.anne
I know right? How blind can you be, OP? She blates wants it.

BUT SERIOUSLY. Smileys can mean anything. I use a lot of smileys in texts. She might just be friendly. Or maybe she does want something more. Only way to find out is to ask her.

Surprised that you are not using any smiles there :h:
Reply 15
Surprised that you are not using any smiles there :h:

I didn't use any in case you misread them and thought I wanted to have sex with you.

Also OP, girls often use smilies a lot more than guys. I have a friend who uses a smiley every 2 words. It doesn't always mean they're interested.
Original post by eliza.anne
I didn't use any in case you misread them and thought I wanted to have sex with you.

:frown:

Also OP, girls often use smilies a lot more than guys. I have a friend who uses a smiley every 2 words. It doesn't always mean they're interested.
More friendly than anything else. If I wanted to be taken seriously by a guy I liked I would try and cut back on the smilies as it comes across as a bit juvenile IMO (not saying it's bad, I put them in messages to my friends all the time!)
I seriously over use smileys and I do it just to be friendly or if something could be taken in a mean way to make sure it isn't :smile:
I overuse smileys and emoticons because they're cute. :awesome:

:nyan:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending