The Student Room Group

Issue with friend

Basically I will summarise the story cause it’s long. My friend had a misunderstanding with a guy and basically both ended up not talking to each other after that. Like they can’t even say hi cause no one wants to be first and think that the other one is to blame. I did not intervene for a month or so. As I knew nothing good would come out of that. We all live in the same building. However after a month my friend said that she is leaving and partly because of that guy so I was sad and all of that and decided to go to the guy and talk to him and basically I wanted to change him (I know). I told him that I don’t think anyone of the is right and that he should try and solve the issue first and she is just a small girl who makes mistakes and that they are both stupid and basically stuff like that. He was completely not understanding nor wanting to do anything and it wasn’t a good conversation. I thought it was a good idea back then to try and talk. I asked him to keep it between us but obviously it has spread and the girl found out. She just asked me straight forwardly I have said yes that is what I did (that I went to him to talk about her and him), I apologised explained that I was under the influence of emotions and all of that and that I shouldn’t have intervened I just didn’t want her to leave. I don’t know if she found I called her stupid or any other stuff I said to the guy (not in a bad way I called her stupid more I meant silly but English isn’t my first language that word popped into my head first). Everything was fine after that we met up and didn’t touch this convo again. However now she is acting strange. She is avoiding me, not answering my messages. Today I started to feel bad so I apologised again and she said everything is fine she is just busy. I saw her at a shop today and it seemed like she is avoiding eye contact. She said she will text me but she hasn’t yet and said we will hang out but we didn’t. She said she is busy however I know she made time for me always. Basically I don’t know if I am overthinking it or not. I feel like I am right that I have partly ruined the friendship. I think I should leave her alone for now. However I value our friendship which is why I apologised twice. I am just writing to hear some opinions as to how does this sound to someone outside and drama and emotions.
Seems like you’ve done all that you can.. if they are not mature enough to realise that you went out of your way to try and fix it then maybe it’s not worth the effort and hassle to continue the friendship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending