The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview Tomorrow

I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place...

About a week ago I applied for a crew member role at my local Mcdonalds. They phoned me twice a couple of days apart, but I missed the call as I was asleep (ooops!). Anyway, the third time they phone I was awake and picked up! They asked me to come for an interview on Monday (tomorrow).

I thought it strange that they were this persistent with getting me to come in for an interview - I thought it was one call and that's it? Does this mean I'm already in with a good chance?

I'm 17, have fairly average GCES - 11 A-Cs, attend sixth form and have an AS Level in English Literature at an A.

They didn't email me or anything either, so I'm feeling rather clueless about the whole thing.

Any tips as to what to wear/expect/say? Is it an easy interview?
Reply 1
Hey :smile: from other threads I've heard that you do a fifteen minute interview and a fifteen minute in the job evaluation where you'll shadow an existing crew member and get the idea of what it's like to work there. I think that in the interview the main theme they ask you is your Hobbes and why Doyle want to work for mcdoanlds. Also, a lot of people have gone in casual e.g. Jeans and shirt t/shirt, I think it's a casual interview rather than suit and tie!!
Have you checked your application status recently? As mine is considering and I'm just wondering what this means? Do you know what the status is for your vacancy which you've got the interview for is?
Also if I was you I'd email mcdonalds and get some more informations as the email has other information e.g. What identity and some other details you need to take :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by zozinga
I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place...

About a week ago I applied for a crew member role at my local Mcdonalds. They phoned me twice a couple of days apart, but I missed the call as I was asleep (ooops!). Anyway, the third time they phone I was awake and picked up! They asked me to come for an interview on Monday (tomorrow).

I thought it strange that they were this persistent with getting me to come in for an interview - I thought it was one call and that's it? Does this mean I'm already in with a good chance?

I'm 17, have fairly average GCES - 11 A-Cs, attend sixth form and have an AS Level in English Literature at an A.

They didn't email me or anything either, so I'm feeling rather clueless about the whole thing.

Any tips as to what to wear/expect/say? Is it an easy interview?

I would honestly say it is the easiest interview ever, and anyone that doesn't get the job has problems. Just sound interested, answer any questions with a reasonable amount of logic and you'll get it.

I would simply wear semi-formal clothing, such as trousers and shirt for a boy or just a decent dress/blouse and trousers for a girl.

I will save you the effort though, telling you that I managed working there for 3 weeks, and the mundaneness simply bored me to tears, and the managers weren't any better. I would never even consider working for the company. Also, the £4.35 an hour I got at 16 was not even worth getting out of bed for.
Reply 3
Original post by phippsyc
Hey :smile: from other threads I've heard that you do a fifteen minute interview and a fifteen minute in the job evaluation where you'll shadow an existing crew member and get the idea of what it's like to work there. I think that in the interview the main theme they ask you is your Hobbes and why Doyle want to work for mcdoanlds. Also, a lot of people have gone in casual e.g. Jeans and shirt t/shirt, I think it's a casual interview rather than suit and tie!!
Have you checked your application status recently? As mine is considering and I'm just wondering what this means? Do you know what the status is for your vacancy which you've got the interview for is?
Also if I was you I'd email mcdonalds and get some more informations as the email has other information e.g. What identity and some other details you need to take :smile:

Didn't have to do an OJE, just had the interview and was offered a trial.

This morning, before my interview, it was on considering too... I have no idea what it means! But now it's changed to 'on hold'? The guy mentioned that he might give me a different role, customer care assistant? So I'm assuming that's why...

I took my passport but didn't need it :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by zozinga
Didn't have to do an OJE, just had the interview and was offered a trial.

This morning, before my interview, it was on considering too... I have no idea what it means! But now it's changed to 'on hold'? The guy mentioned that he might give me a different role, customer care assistant? So I'm assuming that's why...

I took my passport but didn't need it :biggrin:

Hey :smile: when did your application status change from received to considering? Mine changed to considering a couple of days ago but still haven't heard anything more or heard anything about an interview or anything,do you know how long it took to get an interview after your status changed to considering?
Reply 5
Original post by phippsyc
Hey :smile: when did your application status change from received to considering? Mine changed to considering a couple of days ago but still haven't heard anything more or heard anything about an interview or anything,do you know how long it took to get an interview after your status changed to considering?

I applied on the 19th where a few days later the status changed to 'received'. I then got a phone call asking me to come for an interview on the 26th where it changed to 'considering'. It's now the 29th and I'm 'on hold' after having an interview...
Reply 6
Argh it's so frustrating that they've change It from received to considering but not gave any more info. Might give them a call in the morning to show interest and try get some more information.
Reply 7
Wahooo finally got an interview and oje for mcdonalds after being rejected so many times then redoing my application questions! Does anybody have any tips or can tell em ago their experience of the oje and interview? I really really want and need this job so need as much advice and be as prepared ask possible can! So if anyone can help that would be really useful :-) thanks
wow I'm 16 and I get £6.50 per hour at wembley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending