The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What I really want to know is Management as a degree recognised by firms and other employers? Definitely Economics will be better in the employers point of mind though how is it when compared to a management degree?

Thanks
Economics > Management at undergrad. After that, it depends on the prestige of the university. You will have no problems in landing an interview if you hold a bsc from LSE or Oxford (E&M). But as for the other top 10 unis, you will have a better chance with an economics degree.
management doesnt have allot of quantitative and mathematical component like Economics (e.g. econometrics), and if you intend to work in an investment bank you better off doing a course with allot of quantitative modules...i think Economics/Finance is a much better course than Management in that sense at both undergrad and postgrad at top tier unis.
Reply 23
Not too sure I agree. Although management has a stigma of being less quantative than economics, it depends entirely upon the uni/course. I did management and chose to do modules in vc and derivatives that require loads of maths. Admitedly economics will probably hold you in better stead for banking but for business related jobs, eg marketing, finance, consultancy... there's not much to choose from between economics and management.

Latest

Trending

Trending