The Student Room Group

uni rank

i told someone dat im goin 2 choose york and cardiff to do my degree in electrical n electronic engineering but someone told me dat i should go 4 southampton coz york n cardiff is not even in the top 15 list.is it true?i got a personal reason not 2 choose southampton .i also got offer from these uni:soton,york,cardiff,birmingham,sheffield n loughborough..which uni is top(except 4 soton )and the uni is in a great place and where a can study and at the same time enjoy myself being there n hv a frenly atmosphere.is cardiff uni is the same as uni of wales?wales,swansea ?wales,bangor? ermm,can i get the list 4 15 top uni (electrical n electronic course) n list 4 mechanical engineering...i cant find it ...help me plzzzzzz
Reply 1
http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/unitable/0,11985,721801,00.html

This site has the rankings (according to different statistics) of electronic engineering courses. In the end it should come down to where you want to be and where you think you will enjoy yourself. Hope this helps
Katherine
Reply 2
i applied to southhampton for electronic eng so if i were u take southhampton. its not rated amazing overall but for engineering it is one the best...especialy if ure doing electronic engineering coz they let u make and test ure own chips. plus its a nice place. the dude who made the first pentium chip went to southampton.
Reply 3
If you're going to use any league tables, don't use the Guardian ones. They're utter bollocks. The Times ones at least make some sense. According to them, the top 10 universities for Electrical and Electronic Engineering are:

1. Southampton
2. Bristol
3. Imperial
4. Cambridge
5. Queens, Belfast
6. Sheffield
7. Edinburgh
8. Surrey
9. York
10. Birmingham
lexus
.is cardiff uni is the same as uni of wales?wales,swansea ?wales,bangor?

It used to be but Cardiff is leaving the University of Wales when it merges with UWCM and will just be Cardiff University.

League tables are all very well but remember they're just a bunch of statistics ... 'there's lies, damn lies and statistics' ... or something like that.

I don't really know much about engineering, but if I was you I would visit all of the universities (if you haven't already) and decide upon where you think you'd be happiest.

I'm completely biased towards Cardiff but I've had the best ever year there and I miss it already even though I've only been home a day.

Latest

Trending

Trending