The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yer you have a slimfast shake for breakfast and then one for lunch and then you have a proper meal at night. they also do them slimfast snakbars now as well which you can hav during the day or have fruit as snacks as well hoppe that helps
they make a good meal when you dont have time to eat, cook or go shopping for actual food
Just make sure you don't leave the powder anywhere near me. I'm liable to mix some Angel Delight in with it.... :evil:
Yep, a milkshake for breakfast, milkshake for lunch and then a 600 calorie meal (maximum) for dinner. In addition, I'm pretty sure certain fruit is allowed to be eaten freely.

The diet works simply because it limits your calorie intake (no surprises there). However, it's not something you would really want to follow long-term. If you really want to lose some weight or maintain a healthy weight, it's best looking for a diet you can stick to in the long term. If you just want to lose some weight for a holiday or special occasion, slimfast will do the job.
Reply 5
Do the milkshakes have much nutrition? Do they trick you into thinking you are full?
Reply 6
To be put off by slim fast I only hqad to read the ingredients, but whatever floats ya boat.
The Mudman
Just make sure you don't leave the powder anywhere near me. I'm liable to mix some Angel Delight in with it.... :evil:

eewww angel delight is icky

Mercer
Do the milkshakes have much nutrition? Do they trick you into thinking you are full?

no but they stop you being hungry. tbh drinking the same quantities of ordinary milkshake works too.
high priestess fnord
eewww angel delight is icky

no but they stop you being hungry. tbh drinking the same quantities of ordinary milkshake works too.

Yes, but ordinary milkshake is full of fat... :smile:
generalebriety
Yes, but ordinary milkshake is full of fat... :smile:

so is slim fast
Reply 10
Well over the past year I have went from a size 10 to a size 14, had to walk about 45 minutes morning and night to get a bus to college, and I would also walk to where he would pick me up and the town was in walking distance, but after I moved I moved to somewhere where no buses go to the college so he drove me there and drove me into town when I wanted to go shopping. When I was at school we used to have to walk from one end to the other for lessons, the college I went to had a 3 hour block of lessons each day in the same room so we never moved.

I always have ate a lot but was getting plenty of exercise so I never got fat, now I am so I want to actually eat healthy food for a change, loose weight and maintain it which is why I was thinking of just eating the slim fast food one meal a day instead of two.
Reply 11
Mercer

According to the website they have a 1/3 of your RDA of nutrition
Reply 13
I'm a little confused as to why a vanilla milkshake may contain traces of celery.
Reply 14
So does tomato ketchup... I'm guessing there must be some sensible reason!
Reply 15
maag101
I'm a little confused as to why a vanilla milkshake may contain traces of celery.

I have noticed quite a lot of food contains celery:confused:
Reply 16
What ever you do, for the love of god dont drink slim fast as a soft drink.

I have seen so many FAT obese people do this, and this will make them even fatter.

Though i must admit slim fast tastes so good.
Reply 17
How much weight can you lose by trying out slim fast?
Reply 18
royal888
What ever you do, for the love of god dont drink slim fast as a soft drink.

I have seen so many FAT obese people do this, and this will make them even fatter.

Though i must admit slim fast tastes so good.

I will be drinking water :wink: and will be using slim fast as a meal.
Reply 19
Looking at the nutrition info the bars and stuff have quite a high sat fat content, I wouldn't go with those. Stick to the shakes and have fruit instead.

Latest

Trending

Trending