The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by sklka
hi, any internationals with an offer from leicester ??

I was wondering the same, those who got offers from 17th of December are you guys home students or internationals? I really hope we hear back soon, feels like it's been forever since December.
Just called Leicester admissions and said all interview invites have been given out this week. So I guess it's game over guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2282
Original post by unnati212
Just called Leicester admissions and said all interview invites have been given out this week. So I guess it's game over guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown: are you sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unnati212

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was expecting it to be honest :frown:

Maybe it'll be third time lucky for me, if I have the guts to reapply again next year!
Original post by Avec_Amour
I was expecting it to be honest :frown:

Maybe it'll be third time lucky for me, if I have the guts to reapply again next year!

I applied to one of the top abroad medical schools as a back up plan and I got accepted. I will be going this August :smile: so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection!

I guess I'm the first one eh?
Reply 2286
Original post by star10159
Rejection!

Chin up! What will be will be (speakung from experience is this your first time applying?
Reply 2287
Rejection!

Don't worry about it mate. As i said earlier, i got two post- interview rejections from Birmingham and Oxford in quick succession but then I got an offer from Leicester. Somewhere will accept you. I know how it feels after all that effort and it's not fair. Was it post- interview or pre- interview? In either case, ask for feedback
Rejection!

Sorry to hear :frown:

Is this your first rejection?
Original post by hl7495
Chin up! What will be will be (speakung from experience is this your first time applying?

Original post by mun_96
Don't worry about it mate. As i said earlier, i got two post- interview rejections from Birmingham and Oxford in quick succession but then I got an offer from Leicester. Somewhere will accept you. I know how it feels after all that effort and it's not fair. Was it post- interview or pre- interview? In either case, ask for feedback

Original post by minhle20
Sorry to hear :frown:

Is this your first rejection?

Thanks guys, yes its my first time, and that was my third rejection :/
Waiting for SGUL now :frown:

Sorry to hear...but there is still a chance :smile:

You never know...
Reply 2291

Whatever happens happens get the grades and come back next year wiser and stronger havig said that you do only need one offer you will only go one place in the end! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by minhle20
Sorry to hear...but there is still a chance :smile:

You never know...

Original post by hl7495
Whatever happens happens get the grades and come back next year wiser and stronger havig said that you do only need one offer you will only go one place in the end! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the pep talk, it really does help
I guess I've just been feeling down recently, you know getting good AS grades, good work experience and constant volunteering and after that, seeing a big fat rejection (with no reason as of yet) does hurt the ego slightly.
I guess I've just been feeling down recently, you know getting good AS grades, good work experience and constant volunteering and after that, seeing a big fat rejection (with no reason as of yet) does hurt the ego slightly.

I'm a reapplicant so I do understand what you're going through. It's tough to see all the rejections; you've put in so much hard work for it and not getting any rewards.

But it isn't over 'till the fat lady sings!!

EDIT: Sorry if that felt a little patronising!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2294

C

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2295
Original post by JAS101101
Does anyone know when the last interview dates are? I'm still waiting for a response from Leicester to my application let alone an interview.

18-19 th of feb according to the leicester site

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to reiterate, but called LMS admissions yesterday and all A101 interview invites have now been given out. Oh well, its just another year I have to save up I guess.....
Reply 2297
Original post by Pharmatrist
Sorry to reiterate, but called LMS admissions yesterday and all A101 interview invites have now been given out. Oh well, its just another year I have to save up I guess.....

Do you know if all A100 interviews have been given out too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picnmix
Do you know if all A100 interviews have been given out too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I called about A100 and they told me they have all been given out unfortunately..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ama2007
YES but how early do they normally give you like a 2 week notice?

Man this is soooo unfair! This is my second time applying

I got invited for interview 14 days before it took place with Keele. They said it would be at least 4 weeks before they gave us a decision. Someone said they'd contacted Leicester and they said all interviews have been given out.

I'm not sure if this is the done thing on here, if it isn't then just ignore this bit but if this is acceptable...is it worth posting up your personal statement for comment?

No-one will obviously re-write it for you but sometimes having someone who is not involved can sometimes see what may be holding you back. I could potentially highlight an area and say "re-write this part" or "expand" or something similar if that is allowed. My first thoughts though are what course are you applying for, 5 year or GEP and what are your grades, subjects and recent UKCAT score? If they're highly competitive then it may just be others had better grades unfortunately. It's not easy being rejected but it may heighten your passion to do medicine, give you more time to improve your application and build on important qualities to be a good doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending