The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni- Computer Science Undergrads 2013!

Hi all!
Made this thread for anyone who will be doing computer science at Lancaster starting October 2013; well done to all!

How about this format to get the forum rolling:

Name:
Interests/Hobbies:
College:
What are you most excited for?:

:smile:
Reply 1
Name: Amy
Interests/Hobbies: I love watching TV (TBBT HIMYM), youtubers, reading, sims 3, basically anything inside haha
College: Lonsdale or Furness
What are you most excited about?: Uni life and being able to take a minor course for the first year :wink:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Omg y is there like 50 of these threads lolol.
Name: Letitia (pronounced Le-tisha) everyone calls me Tish. :wink:
Interests/Hobbies: PS3, FIFA, COD, Sims, FOOTBALL, Manchester Utd, Sports, Junk food, Getting drunk :biggrin:
College: Grizedale Sup En-Suite
What are you most excited about?: I really love meeting new people so i love talking and finding out new things about people and looking forwards to the course and everything uni :smile:. Most looking forwards to being more open and away from home :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Name: Rob
Interests/Hobbies: Video games, books (mainly late 19th century and early 20th century ones and Sci Fi
College:TBC(hopefully Furness) ( a little concerned actually seeing as most people on here seem to have been offered a room)
What are you most excited for?:Meeting new people and learning about what really makes computers tick
Reply 4
CompSci students sure love making these threads :biggrin:

I'm doing CompSci and Maths which I think is roughly a third CompSci modules in the 1st year, and half and half in the later two years.

Name: Mark
Interests/Hobbies: PC gaming, esports, TV & Films. I use to play a lot of football, cricket and squash but I've gotten lazy and more indoorsy.
College: Furness
What are you most excited for?: Being on a campus with loads of other students and of course, learning.
Name: Harry
Interests/Hobbies: XBOX gaming (BO2 league play atm) + Watching CoD ESports, Football (LIVERPOOL!!) watching/playing cricket occasionally,+Signalling :wink:
College: Grizedale townhouses
What are you most excited about?:Getting to know new people, finally starting to learn comp sci (seems like my whole life i've been waiting for it! Not done hardly any ever though so i'm going to be so behind at the start) and also developing my skills as a person. Who knows, i might even make some friends along the way.
Reply 6
Name: Elliot
Interests/Hobbies: Science, coding, technology, TV/Youtube, football.
College: Grizedale
What are you most excited for?: Meeting new people, moving to a new city and more independent.
Hello everyone, hope to see you guys nd beautiful girls on freshers week.
Name: Gulam
Interests/Hobbies: Xbox (cod), social sites, going out, chilling etc. anything that's fun nd outgoing lol :biggrin: nd hopefully part time work might do as an activity.
College: offer confirmed for furness college
What are you most excited for?: pretty much everything nd anything tbh. see you all
Reply 8
Hey guys I made this group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229782687172689/

It'd be cool to add some of you all on Facebook to get to know people on my course better before I start :smile:.

Name: Emma

Interests: Coding, politics, nutrition, squash, ten pin bowling(weird interest but I go quite a lot lol)

College: Bowland
Glad to see this thread, I must say I feel considerably less anxious when I see things like this;-)

Name:- Jonathan
Interests:- err well I have a taste for travel, going out, enjoying the world but also the usual hobbies like gaming (PS3) , music and film. I of course look forward to being a student too:wink:
College:- Pendle
Just excited for moving to the great uni and starting my life as an independent young man and meeting a whole bunch of new people.
Very excited to start Uni and the course:smile:

Name: Thomas
Interests/Hobbies: Gym, Powerlifting, Football, Rugby, Programming, Networking and Partying:smile:
College: County
What are you most excited for?: Everything....
Reply 11
Name: Phil
Interests/Hobbies: I enjoy playing guitar, music and gaming as well as watching tv/youtube
College: Bowland
What are you most excited for?: Uni life and meeting new people :smile:
Name: Rob
Interests/Hobbies: Technology, Science, Music, Gaming (PS3), Programming
College: Cartmel
What are you most excited for?: Learning about everything CompSci as well as my minor choice (either engineering or philosophy - still undecided). And joining societies.
Reply 13
Hey Guys (and Girls!).

Jamie here. (3rd year MSCI Computer Science w/ Industrial Experience.)

Any Course related questions about your first / second years, give me a shout and ill help if I can!

Welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I'm currently in my last year of college and I am going to study Computer Science. I noticed that you are now doing computer science at Lancaster. I have just received an offer from Lancaster but I don't know whether to accept it. I have read comments on the student room that says that the staff are "incompetent". Although the university as a whole is really well ranked, it is quite poor for computer science.

Please could you give me your opinion on what its like, specifically computer science at Lancaster, I already like the university :smile:

Reply 15
Original post by CSinterest
Hi,
I'm currently in my last year of college and I am going to study Computer Science. I noticed that you are now doing computer science at Lancaster. I have just received an offer from Lancaster but I don't know whether to accept it. I have read comments on the student room that says that the staff are "incompetent". Although the university as a whole is really well ranked, it is quite poor for computer science.

Please could you give me your opinion on what its like, specifically computer science at Lancaster, I already like the university :smile:

Read this, it's my overview of the course so far, details about the course etc: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2595893
Hi Trish,

Thanks for the quick response! But I'm afraid the link you have provided does not work. Is this the correct link?:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2595893
Reply 17
Original post by CSinterest
Hi Trish,

Thanks for the quick response! But I'm afraid the link you have provided does not work. Is this the correct link?:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2595893

Yes :smile: Sorry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending