The Student Room Group

As level results and predicted grades

Hi, I'm just looking for some advice as I have just received lower results than I was expecting at as level, I got CCD but I need BBB to get on to my course that I want to do. I think I can achieve this if I do a couple of resits and work really hard, I am also doing the EPQ to add on to this for extra ucas points. How do your predicted grades relate to you as level grades? I heard that they predict you a grade above what you got is your as results? Is this right? Thank you :smile:
Hey, I got ABCC in my AS results last year. I was predicted AAB by my teachers as one of the Cs was literally 1 UMS off of a B (not even a full mark in and exam!).
I believe that it is common practice for your teacher to predict you the next grade up (even 2) if it's realistic that you could achieve it! Just talk to your teachers about your predicted grades - they shouldn't refuse unless it's completely undoable for you to get those grades!
I got ABB in A2s this year which was better than what I was predicting (thought I'd get ABC) so it's all up to you basically!
Just work hard and you can get the grades :smile:
Also, a good Personal Statement really helps!
Oh that's good thank you! Yeah I'm hoping I can just persuade them that I can improve my grade :smile: ABB is really good well done!!
Original post by sophieabigail27
Oh that's good thank you! Yeah I'm hoping I can just persuade them that I can improve my grade :smile: ABB is really good well done!!

Yeah, just talk to them, tell them the predicted grades you'll need for your course and I'm sure they'll be fine about it :smile: Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi, I'm just looking for some advice as I have just received lower results than I was expecting at as level, I got CCD but I need BBB to get on to my course that I want to do. I think I can achieve this if I do a couple of resits and work really hard, I am also doing the EPQ to add on to this for extra ucas points. How do your predicted grades relate to you as level grades? I heard that they predict you a grade above what you got is your as results? Is this right? Thank you :smile:

Hi :smile: I got waaaaay lower in my AS year, I got ACC and I was predicted ABB. The second year I worked soooooo hard, I have never worked so hard in my life because I knew it mattered and I went from having ACC to A*AB so anything is possible I promise! Looking at what you need to get and what you got it is perfectly possible as long as you work hard! :smile:
Original post by shaniieexo
Hi :smile: I got waaaaay lower in my AS year, I got ACC and I was predicted ABB. The second year I worked soooooo hard, I have never worked so hard in my life because I knew it mattered and I went from having ACC to A*AB so anything is possible I promise! Looking at what you need to get and what you got it is perfectly possible as long as you work hard! :smile:

Okay thank you! How did you manage to revise and everything - I really struggle to focus and it's frustrating because I know how important it is!! :frown:
Reply 6
Okay thank you! How did you manage to revise and everything - I really struggle to focus and it's frustrating because I know how important it is!! :frown:

You have to manage your time, find ways of splitting up your revision with regular breaks and tackle subjects which you are not as confident on several times. I found writing down what I needed to complete in a day really helped me :smile:
Reply 7

Thank you.You gave me hope :smile:

I achieved ABCD and realistically i need AAB D:

did you end up with your first choice uni then?
Reply 8
Original post by aSunnyDay
Thank you.You gave me hope :smile:

I achieved ABCD and realistically i need AAB D:

did you end up with your first choice uni then?

Yes I did thanks! I feel like all the hard work paid off! :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yes I did thanks! I feel like all the hard work paid off! :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wanted to ask, what course and university did you apply to?
Sorry if I 'm being nosy, just curious because I have to start thinkign about this stuff D:
Original post by aSunnyDay
Just wanted to ask, what course and university did you apply to?
Sorry if I 'm being nosy, just curious because I have to start thinkign about this stuff D:

Oh no its fine!! I applied for Physiotherapy and I am going to Sheffield hallam but I also had an offer from Hertfordshire! :smile:
Be aware that some universities will view a prediction of 2 grades above your AS grade as unrealistic, so even if you are predicted BBB, universities may be skeptical. Of course, if you don't get the offers you want this year, but do achieve BBB, you may be able to find a course via clearing, or take a gap year and reapply.
As slowloris says, high predicted grades have to be justified in the reference and too big a stretch casts doubt on the truth of it, which isn't to the advantage of the applicant. Be careful what you ask for.
Reply 13
Hi,

Confused and need help!

Got my results and got ACDEE, studying maths, chemistry, physics, Applied IT and Citizenship for AS. I decided to drop Citizenship and Physics for A2 meaning i carry on with Maths, chem and Applied IT. Therefore i carry on with the grades CDE, but the course i want to apply to i need BBB, ive been told by teachers that its still worth applying to uni's, but im unsure as what do?

PLEASE HELP!

Hi omg you did greaaat!!
Can i just ask did you retake some of your AS exams? and how many? sorry for the questions just really worried :frown::s-smilie: Thanks x
Staying foccused and not losing concentration and motivation is so hard!!!
Original post by prettyugly
Hi omg you did greaaat!!
Can i just ask did you retake some of your AS exams? and how many? sorry for the questions just really worried :frown::s-smilie: Thanks x
Staying foccused and not losing concentration and motivation is so hard!!!

I took 3 retakes, 2 bio and 1 English :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending