The Student Room Group

Doubts about university

I'm meant to be leaving for university in just over 5 weeks, and I'm starting to get doubts about whether I should go. I do want to go to uni, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave and am wondering if deferring and a gap year might be better for me.
Is anyone else feeling the same with these kind of doubts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right now there are THOUSANDS of people all over the country feeling exactly the same as you. Worried, excited, nervous, thrilled, anxious? Yes, all of those emotions. And you'd be very unusual f you didnt - wht you are feeling is very, very normal.

Its a big step. But you arent alone and all the other people on your course will be feeling the same right now and they will all arrive at Uni on that first day feeling just as nervous as you. Sometimes in life, you just have to grab an opportunity and just jump in - this is one of them. It will be alright - so start thinking of all the great things that will happen to you over the next year, buy some stuff for Uni, and be amazed that you got the grades and yes, You are Going To Uni!

PS. Once you've been at Uni a few weeks, you'll look back and wonder what on earth you were so bothered about - promise.
You've got cold feet, which is entirely normal. See this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2440741 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending