The Student Room Group

AACD AS for AAB Unis

Hi,

Just got my AS results and they came out
A - sociology and history
C - Spanish
D - Biology

I plan to do 3 resist
But my predicted grade is probably going to mirror this.
For a psychology degree (I hope to do a course with a sandwich course, but possibly not)
At a uni with a AAB or ABB target grade would I be likely to get a conditional offer?

I am quite worried about this as quite a few of my potential uni choices (want to go look around and apply to)
Just need to know asap if possible.

Many thanks,
Listener15
Reply 1
Original post by Listener15
Hi,

C - Spanish
D - Biology

I plan to do 3 resist
For a psychology degree (I hope to do a course with a sandwich course, but possibly not)
At a uni with a AAB or ABB target grade would I be likely to get a conditional offer?

I am quite worried about this as quite a few of my potential uni choices (want to go look around and apply to)

Many thanks,
Listener15

I think you will be fine honestly. There are lots of spaces at AAB and ABB unis given to people with lower grades e.g. BBB sometimes and ABC, I would not worry that much.

Also universities would notice that you've dropped your fourth AS and therefore would have more confidence in you reaching the conditions of your offer. Furthermore they review the whole application rather than just the AS grades so don't worry too much
AAC at AS (assuming you're dropping bio) will get you a predicted of AAB most likely, maybe even an A* in there if one of the As is a high A, which can get you offers from AAB/ABB unis :smile:
Reply 3
If you drop biology, you should have a great chance of getting AAB offers.
Reply 4
You could still get in, even if you decide to carry on with biology as long as your predicted grades are what the unis are requesting
Reply 5
You should be fine. Your top three are AAC and if you get at least AAB prediction or even A*A*B, then AAB and ABB unis shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure your personal statement is good.
Its worth applying.
Reply 6
Those are good AS results and you could easily get AAB or higher if you work hard.
Original post by Listener15
Hi,

C - Spanish
D - Biology

I plan to do 3 resist

Many thanks,
Listener15

All the AAB unis I applied to have me conditionals and I got ABBCE at AS. You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks for all the quick replies everyone!
Actually stubbornly keeping on bio ... going to sit in with yr 12s on some lessons plus getting a tutor :/
Hopefully...

@ aceofmaster - heard about an ex-sixth former at my school/sixth former who got A* A* C and couldn't get into his AAB uni becuase he got the C ... but you never know.

Also thanks for the positive comments on my results ... was really torn about bio as I love it sooooo much and had thought I'd drop Spanish as I was predicted a D in it and almost gave up on the lead up to the exam, if you have anything to say about me being idiotic for carrying on bio please say it nicely :smile:

P.s. if anyone knows much about psychology undergrad courses and sandwich years would be very interested to know - have submitted a thread but no one has replied - just a question of whether the sandwich year is worth it? - Family friends think it is but I'm still a bit unsure.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending