The Student Room Group

Maintence Loan, Please help!

Household Income is about £26k
I'm going to a uni in London, I live in Lancashire.
Before I knew my accommodation I put down my home address as term time address on student finance (as I was told to do) and my maintenance loan came out at £4900, I assumed it was this as my application said I was living outside of London.

When I found out my term time address I updated it and my maintenance loan did not change, even though most info says you can get up to £7.5k when living in London

I chose the cheapest accommodation I could get and that came to £6000 a year.

Will my maintenance loan eventually increase, If not, could student finance kindly stop spreading bul**** that you can get £7.5K when you study in London. My course really does not allow me time to get a job, and my parents wont pay, I will have to dip into savings, which is ok, but I was expecting to get a much larger maintenance.
Hi Helena,

the information provided in your assessment would be based on your term address being at your home address as the assessors would have assessed you as living at parental home
and if this is outside of London then you would not be awarded the London rate.

You would need to provide your London address and make sure that your application is assessed based on the London rate. Normally this would be picked up by the assessors when you changed your address to a London residence and your university is in London.

I would advise to call us on 0845 300 5090 and ensure that your application will be awarded the London rate which is a maximum of up to £7500.00 per academic year.

Thanks
Reply 2
Term time address says i'm living in Kensington, away from home, my maintenance didn't change, I rang up and they said that £5k is the usual amount for someone living in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending